Favorite Live Action TV Shows

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Since we need a general topic for this. I honestly haven't been watching a lot of TV recently, though. Mostly just reruns.

What are some of your favorites?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Neomysterion X. Prime

Favourite live action TV shows, you say?

That's so easy for me, here's mine (excluding public access shows).

The Red Green Show- I always had a thing for Red Green's wacky contrapions and advice for men.

Pee-Wee's Playhouse- If I were to pick a favourite live-action kids show, I'd aim for Pee-Wee's Playhouse over anything.

My Life as Liz- Heck, I'm currently watching her show as I type this. I often feel just as left out as Liz Lee is, like in the actual show.

All That!- This show way over Saturday Night Live, all the way!

I got some more, but I didn't want to bore you. :P

Dr. Insomniac

Doctor Who, The Wire, Buffy, Angel, Babylon 5, Freaks & Geeks, Misfits, and possibly Farscape if season 4 kills of Jool.

Commode

I'm a fan of many old sitcoms, some of the more notable ones include Home Improvement, Married... With Children, Seinfeld, Roseanne, and That '70s Show.  Other ones, like Doogie Howser, M.D., Happy Days, and Family Ties are also ones I enjoy, but had not really seen in years until recently, thanks to that new TV channel The Hub.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Pharass

Favorites as of this moment:

The Wire: After having recently finished the fourth season I can safely say that this is one of the finest shows I've ever watched.

Deadwood

I, Claudius: Excellent mini-series with an all-star cast (Derek Jacobi, Sian Philips, John Hurt and the one and only BRIAN BLESSED!) detailing the life of the Roman emperor Claudius and his backstabbing family.

The Prisoner: I could be mistaken, but I think that this was the first show that delibarately set out to confuse it's viewers and provoke discussion. A brilliant show at any rate and Patrick McGoohan was excellent as the main character.

La Piovra/The Octopus: Italian show about a police commissioner's fight against the mafia on Sicily. I just finished the first series and the last two episodes were honestly among the most intense things I've seen on television.

There are many, many other shows I like that warrants a mention here, but I don't want to come of as long-winded (unless I haven't already).
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

talonmalon333

The only live action show within the past few years I really liked was Lost, unless you count a few reality shows. I also watch The Walking Dead and The Event for entertainment, but neither are great.

Dr. Insomniac

Yes, another Wire fan. Sadly, the show's fifth season isn't really as good as the past two, but it still gets a fitting conclusion. The journalists were annoying though.

Foggle

Anyone else seen Slings & Arrows? Absolutely fucking hilarious comedy, especially if you've ever had any interest in the theatre.

On another note, I'm glad to hear that they're making another prequel to Battlestar -- this time with more action/suspense and less soap opera/teen angst. I feel like I'm the only BSG fan who didn't enjoy Caprica.

Dr. Insomniac

Slowly taking a liking to Six Feet Under.

Avaitor

Since today was Buffy's 30th birthday, my local comic book shop had a party to celebrate, which I went to.

A group of about 20 different people and I hung out, played a bunch of Buffy-related games, and watched "Once More With Feeling" and "Hush". It was a lot of fun, and we all enjoyed talking to each other.

I even got an autographed copy of #18 of Season 8 by the artist, plus some stickers and a free movie pass. Not bad, and now I'm looking forward to whenever Giles' birthday is. :D
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on January 17, 2011, 11:43:02 PM
On another note, I'm glad to hear that they're making another prequel to Battlestar -- this time with more action/suspense and less soap opera/teen angst. I feel like I'm the only BSG fan who didn't enjoy Caprica.
Except the guy they've casted to play Adama is kind of worrying me. He was pretty stiff in Skins, so I find it tough to see this guy fill in Olmos's shoes. I could be wrong though.

Foggle

Who the fudge? They shoulda' got the guy who played him in Razor, he was great. :srs:

Queen Rissa

Lie to Me: I love any sort of psychology and relate quite a bit to what they do in the show.

House: Don't care about it too much, but I watch it anyway. There are quite a few funny lines.

Daily Show/Colbert Report: Always hilarious.

Finge: It's just weird... I like weird.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live"

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten"