Marvel Animation

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, August 11, 2021, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

So, has anyone checked out Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur yet? The first 2 episodes have premiered on Disney Channel. I think it's pretty good.

EDIT: The first 6 episodes are now up on Disney+ and DisneyNOW.

Dr. Insomniac

Spider-Verse 2 is still not here yet, but another crossing of the Spidey streams happened where Mary Jane's VA from the 90s cartoon recently bashed the ASM comics.

Daikun

The first half of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur's second season has been dumped on Disney+ and DisneyNOW.

https://disneynow.com/shows/marvels-moon-girl-and-devil-dinosaur

Avaitor

Disney really doesn't seem interested in keeping their animated shows around anymore, do they?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, I noticed other shows of theirs are dying out after just 2 seasons. Used to be 3 or occasionally 4, unless it was huge like Phineas and Ferb.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Not gonna lie, I'm a little curious after that trailer. Even if it reeks of this.

Avaitor

I'm only partway into the first season of my rewatch, not sure if I can catch up in time but I'm hopeful.

As tired as I am of reboots and revivals, I'm pretty hype for this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

They really thought they were doing something with this outro animation.

Rewatched the premiere of the old X-Men show, and spent most of it getting annoyed by Morph's laugh. I was almost glad he died, but then I remembered they brought him back a couple times in the show.

Avaitor

I'm still early in season 1, and I forgot about the outro. The fact that this looks like a PS1 fighting game render a couple of years before it came out is somewhat impressive, but definitely of its time.

And yeah, I was not saddened to see Morph die... for now.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I heard he was brought back to life due to fan outcry, and if true, why? His shrill laugh, redundant power thanks to Mystique, and lack of charisma were repellent.

Watching it now, the 2-part premiere itself is fine but kind of bare-bones in hindsight. Not to the degree of the first X-Men movie, but it doesn't feel like much is happening even though it throws all the main characters at you, gives you a fakeout main character death, and throws giant robot fights at the end. I blame it on Jubilee, she's not great as a POV character and spending an hour with her as the audience surrogate exacerbated that. There's a reason later adaptations either demote her to a minor role or a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo. At least she's a little bit better than when the first film tried to use Rogue as their POV lead while removing most of what makes Rogue interesting?

But as a whole, it's interesting how this and Spider-Man were the successful entries in the 90s Marvel cartoon universe while the others are mostly footnotes that are almost only brought up as memes nowadays. Nobody then knew how to make a Fantastic Four or a Hulk cartoon work?

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 12, 2024, 08:04:04 PMSo the showrunner got fired and he deleted all his social media. wondering what happened.

So, it seems he was also previously fired from The Witcher's writers room due to abusive behavior.
Yeah, he's getting blacklisted.

Daikun