Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 07, 2016, 04:41:06 AM
Well, were you expecting them to hate it?
Not really, though I have seen a lot of negativity about the film online over the past half year. Either way, I didn't expect reviewers to take as kindly to it as, say, Guardians or X-Men.

Also, there's way more than 13 reviews out and I've yet to see a single truly negative one. Guess it really is as good as I wanted it to be!

Foggle

25 reviews. Still 100%

Muh vindication.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange; with all four of these films, this year has the potential to be the best one yet for Marvel movies. Of course, one or more of these could also suck, but I'm going to stay positive and hopeful.

Avaitor

I'm hopeful. I thought that 2014 was a hell of a year for Marvel, even with ASM2, but this could top that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This year does, however, make it clear even to a fan of the genre such as myself how over-saturated the live-action market for superheroes has become. In addition to the four Marvel movies coming out this year, we have two from DC: Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. And then there are eight shows, four from each, which I'm following. From DC: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. From Marvel: Agent Carter, Daredevil season 2, Jessica Jones season 2, and Luke Cage.

It's actually kind of nuts to see how much content we get these days.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd be complaining if they weren't (mostly) enjoyable. It sure beats back when superhero shows and movies were a rarity.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I say there's not nearly enough superhero movies or shows. There are so many superheroes that deserve to be household names like Invincible or Iron Fist. Luckily the latter will eventually get a show.

Avaitor

As long as they're good, I'm down for what Marvel has to offer. DC, I'll stick around for their shows, but it'll take a bit to get me invested in their movies.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

When it comes to superheroes, I'd rather have too much than too little and we had too little for too long.

gunswordfist

:thumbup: I'll start complaining when everyone knows who Elijah Snow is.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 11, 2016, 11:32:56 PM
The only trailer they should have shown. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_iASz1Si8
Way better than the others. Eisenberg is still horrible, but the rest looks pretty solid. The first bit with Batman especially.