Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Dang, didn't doubt it would bomb hard if the critics and non-hardcore fans hated it. Gee, you'd think those nitwit fanboys would all get together and see their precious film over and over again to boost them!

Honestly, this will hopefully be a good thing in the long run.

Avaitor

Most of the people I know that liked the movie don't have a desire to watch it again any time soon.

That should say something.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Maybe the next guy to be their Kevin Feige will actually like Superman.

Just a thought.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Can DC just apologize to Mark Waid or whatever that made him leave to join Marvel so he can advise a Superman movie? It could help.

GregX

I have this image in my head of Zack Snyder locking himself in his bathroom, tears streaming down his face, screaming and whining about how the world doesn't understand his genius, doesn't deserve his genius, how he is too good for all of us, all while Sarah McLachlan's 'Angel' is blasting from his sound systen. His wife is pounding on the door, in tears, begging him to come out... what will happen next, I suppose it depends on how fast "The Fountainhead" gets greenlit.

:devil:

EDIT: Please don't joke about people committing suicide. Thanks. -- Foggle

Daikun

Following BvS' overwhelmingly abysmal performance, WB/DC is doing reshoots to Suicide Squad. Their choice of words for this decision is very interesting (via Twitter):

QuoteBrett Schulte: talking to people on set today they said the studio "made him do reshoots" because it was too dark. Interesting words.

Batman News: very cool, thanks for that info! There's a rumor that says WB wanted to add more "fun" and "lightness" with these reshoots.

Spark Of Spirit

I will not say I told you so.

But I can say this doesn't bode well for Suicide Squad if they have to do this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on April 06, 2016, 10:05:49 PM
Following BvS' overwhelmingly abysmal performance, WB/DC is doing reshoots to Suicide Squad. Their choice of words for this decision is very interesting (via Twitter):

QuoteBrett Schulte: talking to people on set today they said the studio "made him do reshoots" because it was too dark. Interesting words.

Batman News: very cool, thanks for that info! There's a rumor that says WB wanted to add more "fun" and "lightness" with these reshoots.
Great, now I want to see the dark versions of the scenes. Wonder if they went all early Chimera Ant before the reshoots.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on April 06, 2016, 10:05:49 PM

Here's hoping said reshoots keep it from being a disaster. Now, if they could do the same with Wonder Woman since according to her actress its still supposed to be very dark.....

GregX

As of April 10, 2016

Batman vs Superman

Domestic:   $296,685,542   37.9%
+ Foreign:   $486,800,000   62.1%
= Worldwide:   $783,485,542

It's running out of steam surprisingly fast with no competition. WB better make some drastic changes, no other DCEU will ever have three, let alone one week without competition. WB shot itself in the foot with this mess. The other studios aren't scared anymore.

Daikun

New Suicide Squad trailer.

I don't think the reshoots were done yet, were they? They were given three weeks, and it hasn't even been one yet.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No, there's no way that any of the re-shoots could have made it into this trailer. Shooting the scenes is one thing, but editing them in post-production would take several weeks.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Doctor Strange trailer is finally out! https://youtu.be/wwcSki7r9cQ

Looks trippy as hell, which is personally right up my alley.

Really, this feels like a major departure from most other MCU films up to this point in terms of its aesthetic look and tone, even more so than GOTG, but that's certainly not a bad thing.

Dr. Insomniac

I've been flipping through some old Doctor Strange comics to get prepared for the movie, and it's neat to see some of the similarities.