Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Snyder is apparently getting an increasing amount of input into Wonder Woman, so I don't think Warner's done with him yet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Wow. The trailer looks good, but it doesn't look like a Justice League movie. It looks like a crime/heist film.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on July 25, 2016, 03:32:03 PM
Snyder is apparently getting an increasing amount of input into Wonder Woman, so I don't think Warner's done with him yet.

According to who? Because the trailer for her movie actually had some good humor in it too that doesn't suit Snyder's style.

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 25, 2016, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 25, 2016, 03:32:03 PM

According to who? Because the trailer for her movie actually had some good humor in it too that doesn't suit Snyder's style.
Well, he appears to be a writer.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Daikun

Avaitor

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And yet people are still talking about Justice League and speculating about future DCEU movies like any of it actually matters....

Why? :-\

Honestly, I feel sorry for the DC fans who actually like the source material and are way too smart to defend crap like this.

Dr. Insomniac

Well, another round of some arthouse connoisseurs claiming DC films are better than Marvel's because they're less mainstream and piss off the simple-minded critic. Because I sure loved when people kept explaining to me why Dawn of Justice was a misunderstood classic, and that any faults are because the audience were too dumb to appreciate it.

Spark Of Spirit

I can only hope the other films are better due to Geoff Johns involvement, but I can't say I'm very optimistic for them.

These movies should not be this bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

My friend and I want to see it, so I'll let y'all know how it is later on. Definitely disappointed with the amount of bad reviews, BvS wasn't doing this bad at this point earlier. Hopefully they'll listen to Johns and Affleck going forward.

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Kiddington

General consensus is that this is an overall worse experience than BvS. That's astonishing.

I remember not really caring for TDKR all that much when it came out.....and now that is a literal gold standard of filmmaking compared to everything WB has put out since. Quite a run they're on here.

gunswordfist

That's sad on multiple levels. Especially since Dark Knight Rises was mediocre.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody