Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still not even sure if this is a reboot anymore.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Still not as weird as the rumor that JGL will be Batman in the JL flick.

Silverstar

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 27, 2012, 08:33:19 PM
Still not as weird as the rumor that JGL will be Batman in the JL flick.

That rumor's been officially debunked.

Good thing too, I say. Keep the JL movie separate from the Nolanverse. The Nolan films were too grounded to include the likes of super aliens, sea kings, space cops and goddesses; I'd hate to see the other heroes remade into special agents with power-granting cyber-suits or something. Plus, a lot of fans wouldn't take well to the Batman in the JL movie not being Bruce Wayne. The Nolan trilogy is done with; let it rest.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

Ugh, Jamie Foxxx is really going to be Electro?????????????????????????????????????????
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 04, 2012, 10:48:14 AM
Ugh, Jamie Foxxx is really going to be Electro?????????????????????????????????????????
That's certainly an interesting casting choice. He's also Lynch in the upcoming Kane & Lynch movie... which is happening, for some reason.

gunswordfist

If Michael Mann is directing it then I'll watch it anyway.

Avaitor

Marvel's already planning for Phase 3. Ant-Man and Dr. Strange are confirmed to be a part of it
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Guess that means Avengers 3 will have Ultron, huh?

I just hope the Ant Man movie is good. Pym needs more love.

gunswordfist

I know Ultron is supposed to be very powerful but going from Thanos to him? :whuh: I still hope they put Vision and Ultron in an Iron Man movie.

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on November 27, 2012, 08:23:42 PM
Oh, I should've said actors.

Because Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen have been confirmed to appear in the flick.
And now Halle Berry is back as Storm.

This is looking to be increasingly more epic as the news comes along.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Don Payne, the writer of both Thor movies, died.

That was unexpected, but nevertheless tragic. I wonder if he completed his final draft for the second one before he died.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Wolverine finally gets a full trailer.

You know, even though the last Wolverine movie sucked, I say fuck it. I'm honestly still hyped as hell to see this movie. I mean, I like the fact that they actually make Wolverine vulnerable for this story, which is a great way to make him seem less overpowered. I also just love the idea of Wolverine kicking ass in Japan. What can I say, I'm a sucker for this sort of stuff, so its hard not to entertain me as long as it has some decent action and good characters.

hobbyfan

I've seen a lot of comic book movies over the years. Some good, some bad. Let's consider:

The 1966 "Batman" movie I'd seen on TV a few times, but never in its entirety. After seeing the TV show in syndication through about a dozen cycles or so over 40+ years, it doesn't really wear well, and I don't think the movie does, either.

I've seen every Batman movie since. "Batman Forever" & "Batman & Robin" were painful to watch. The former has some good lines from Val Kilmer & Jim Carrey but little else. Tommy Lee Jones was just the wrong choice to play a camped-up "Harvey Two-Face", and Joel Schumacher was equally wrong on a zillion counts to replace Tim Burton. 'Nuff said there. "Batman & Robin" would be the worst DC movie of all time that I've seen except "Green Lantern" took the title 2 years ago.  I have not seen the abomination of a "Catwoman" movie, nor do I want the DVD. What I do know is that some jabroni decided to copy Tim Burton's origin of Catwoman from "Batman Returns", but sub out Selina Kyle for someone named Patience Phillips (Halle Berry). Not. A. Good. Idea.

I've seen "Superman 2" and "Superman Returns" in theatres. One is great. The other aspires to be so, and fails miserably. Brandon Routh rebounded nicely OBTW last year with the lacrosse movie, "Broken Arrows", which apparently few saw. Had to get that in there. I saw "Supergirl" with Helen Slater & Faye Dunaway. Did Akiva Goldsman take writing lessons from the jabronis that wrote this? Ewwwww.

My DC movie ratings (movies I've seen-ONLY):

1. The Dark Knight.
2. Batman Begins.
3. The Dark Knight Rises.
4. Superman 2.
5. Batman (1989)
6. Batman Returns.
7. Superman Returns.
8. Batman Forever.
9. Batman & Robin.
10. Green Lantern.

Have not seen: Catwoman, Constantine, Red, The Losers (have the latter 2 on DVD), Jonah Hex.

I must be in the minority of people who saw "Daredevil" and thought Ben Affleck was OK. Of course, considering his now-wife, Jennifer Garner, played Elektra, well, he had to step up the game, don't ya think? "Elektra" gets spun off into her own movie, and it tanks. Why? A nice plot badly written & executed. I disagreed with the choice of the late Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, and wanted to know who the jabroni writer was who thought this idea up. Must've been the same dweeb who thought it'd be cool to cast Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent in Tim Burton's 2 Bat-movies, or to pick Jamie Foxx to be Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". You know what they say if it ain't broken.........!

Screw political correctness. I get the whole concept of creative license, but this is taking things to an extreme.

"Fantastic Four" was serviceable, but tying Dr. Doom's origin to the FF was way past wrong. Haven't seen the sequel, though I have it on DVD for now. I guess they still have to figure it out. Have seen both Hulk movies, and of course Ed Norton was a better pick over Eric Bana, and then Mark Ruffalo (Avengers) blows them both away. I've seen both Iron Man movies, and will see #3, but have passed on the two Ghost Rider films. I have seen "Howard the Duck", and Marvel has to go some before they make a worse movie.

Y'know what I wanna see? ScarJo in a solo Black Widow movie.

My Marvel movie ratings:

1. Avengers.
2. Incredible Hulk.
3. Iron Man.
4. Spider-Man.
5. Iron Man 2.
6. Spider-Man 3.
7. Spider-Man 2.
8. X-Men.
9. X2: X-Men United.
10. X3: The Last Stand.
11. Daredevil.
12. X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
13. Captain America.
14. Elektra.
15. Thor.
16. Fantastic Four.
17. The Amazing Spider-Man.
18. Howard the Duck.
Have not seen: Blade 1 & 2, Ghost Rider 1 & 2, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (though I have it on DVD).

FWIW, the Men in Black series doesn't count on Marvel's side, since it was not originally from Marvel (they bought Malibu and thus bought MiB). Saw the first two, and decided against #3 because the 2nd film bit.

Spark Of Spirit

You know, I've probably seen Men In Black like 20 something times since it came but I've never seen the sequel even once. So weird.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Thor underneath Elektra, X3 and Iron Man 2? Whoa.

New blog!