Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

"I did not use the Tesseract to carry out my evil plans. Its not true. Its bullshit! I did not use the Tessaract to carry out my evil plans! I did NOOOT! Oh hi brother (Thor). Anyway, how's your sexlife?"

Avaitor

Iron Man 3's currently at 100%. We still have more than a week to go, but this is a good sign regardless.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on April 23, 2013, 05:55:21 PM
Iron Man 3's currently at 100%. We still have more than a week to go, but this is a good sign regardless.
This is asking a lot, but I'll shoot anyway. How does that stack with 2's reaction?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2013, 05:56:27 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 23, 2013, 05:55:21 PM
This is asking a lot, but I'll shoot anyway. How does that stack with 2's reaction?
It's too early to say, but I do remember the negative reviews coming in sooner at this point. And I don't think that Avengers had its first negative review until a couple of days before it came out, so there's that, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, we now officially have a trailer up for Thor: The Dark World. It looks like most of the movie will take place between Asgard and maybe one of the other nine realms (or portions of multiple realms), with a minimal portion taking place on Earth. I'm totally down with that if its the case (it would also be a good explanation for why none of the Avengers could fight alongside Thor in this movie, and vice versa for their own respective movies).

Silverstar

Thor: The Dark World looks good, but I was kind of hoping we wouldn't be seeing Loki again this time around. Tom Hiddleston does a great job portraying the character, but after 2 films I was hoping the filmmakers would put him on the shelf for a bit. I've always found heroes who fight the same villain(s) all the time to be kind of lame. But otherwise it looks great.

Also, Sif is back. Cool. I remember thinking Jamie Alexander was pretty hot in the first movie.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

I thought that Loki wasn't going to be the main villain in Thor 2. I haven't seen the trailer, so is this no longer true?

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Sigh...

Spoiler
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Silverstar on April 24, 2013, 07:26:46 AM
Thor: The Dark World looks good, but I was kind of hoping we wouldn't be seeing Loki again this time around. Tom Hiddleston does a great job portraying the character, but after 2 films I was hoping the filmmakers would put him on the shelf for a bit. I've always found heroes who fight the same villain(s) all the time to be kind of lame. But otherwise it looks great.

To be fair, the trailer doesn't indicate that he'll be the main villain of the movie. It just implies that he will have a temporary alliance with Thor (though Thor is wise enough to know that Loki will try to betray him the first chance he gets, to which Thor threatens to kill him when that happens). Now, I haven't read any Thor comics, so maybe he's the main villain of whatever arc they are adapting, but based on the trailer I sincerely doubt that's the case. I get the feeling that he and Thor will begrudgingly team up for the sake of fighting a common enemy, very much like how Magneto and company temporarily allied themselves with the X-Men in X2, all the while with Magneto having his own motives in mind for after they accomplished their task. I can very much see Loki playing that kind of role in this movie, and quite frankly, I'd be interested to see it. I'm personally glad to have Loki in this movie. I'm not burned out on his character because to me, his character is so entertaining to watch, and IMO he's easily the most interesting villain to have come out of the Marvel Movie Universe so far, and also my favorite aspect of the original Thor film.

Avaitor

Loki should be here so he can pay for his actions in Avengers, at least. Whether he should do much more is another story.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I watched X-Men First Class for the first time yesterday.

What stood out to me the most is Magneto. He had the best comic book villain origin I've ever seen.

That coin throw the head scene was shocking. I thought that was something R rated movies would have trouble getting away with and expected it to turn into a quick offscreen death.

I liked how showed only did bad things to other mutants when he thought he had to.

Good lord at Emma being in this movie at all (see X-Men Origins Wolverine) or Cyclops LITTLE brother being on the team before him. Too many plot holes, inconsistencies, etc. etc. I have no problem with Mystique being Xavier's foster sister since they barely talked to each other in the other movies.

Lastly, Magneto cracking Emma's diamond form with freaking bed metal is the dumbest part of the entire movie and 'Mutant and proud' is one of the worst lines ever.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You have to keep in mind that this is an adaptation and it takes liberties with the source material. For instance, the part about Cyclops's brother being on the team isn't necessarily a plot-hole as far as the movie goes. I've seen the movie 3 times, myself, and I haven't seen any indication in the movie itself that Havoc is Scott's younger brother. In the comics he is, obviously, but in the movie it could just be that they decided to include him in the roster and mess with his origin to make him unrelated to Scott. It wouldn't be the first time that a Marvel movie adaptation has pulled something like that.

gunswordfist

His last name is Summers so I am sure Alex is still supposed to be related to him. I can accept him being his older brother though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Iron Man 3 is currently at 92%, and the few negative reviews seem to come from people who are biased against super hero movies in the first place.

In other words, this is a good sign.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The local theater close to my college is screening the movie a few hours earlier than its supposed to release (9:00 PM on May 2nd is the show-time listed, whereas the movie technically opens on May 3rd; additionally there's also a 3D show at 9:15 PM on the same night). A group of friends and myself have already purchased tickets online for the 2D showing of the movie, which is perfectly timed on the same night that I finish my finals, so I can go into the movie with a very rewarding feeling. Either way, I'll be getting to see the movie as soon as I possibly can for once, so I'll let you guys know what I think after I see it. :thumbup: