2. The Dark Knight
3. X2
4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
5. Batman Returns
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Iron Man
8. Batman: The Movie

That's it.

I just noticed that The Dark Knight Rises has plummeted from #1 to #6 on your list.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 19, 2013, 11:34:31 AM
I just noticed that The Dark Knight Rises has plummeted from #1 to #6 on your list.
I think it was #3 before, actually.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on July 19, 2013, 11:43:27 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 19, 2013, 11:34:31 AM
I think it was #3 before, actually.

I thought I remembered you once saying you like it more than The Dark Knight. :P

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 19, 2013, 11:46:57 AM
I thought I remembered you once saying you like it more than The Dark Knight. :P
That was before I rewatched The Dark Knight. I believe I said something to the extent of "I might actually like it more, but I'll have to rewatch TDK before I know." Also, it still wouldn't have surpassed Kick-Ass for me. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking of Kick-Ass, the sequel comes out next month. Hopefully its good, or at least better than the comic which its based off of, as I hear that the source material is a steaming pile of turd, even worse than the first comic (though, that didn't stop the first movie from being as good as it was). Also, it looks like Kick-Ass 2 isn't going to take itself entirely seriously, which is probably for the best.

Avaitor

I just hope they don't reference MySpace again, like the first movie did despite being set in 2010.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 19, 2013, 01:28:23 PM
Speaking of Kick-Ass, the sequel comes out next month. Hopefully its good, or at least better than the comic which its based off of, as I hear that the source material is a steaming pile of turd, even worse than the first comic (though, that didn't stop the first movie from being as good as it was). Also, it looks like Kick-Ass 2 isn't going to take itself entirely seriously, which is probably for the best.
I'm a bit hesitant because the new writer/director hasn't proven himself, but he was hand-picked by Vaughn, and the red-band trailer - while not great - is a lot less awful than the first movie's were. Also, they'd have to deliberately try to make it worse than the comic.

Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2013, 02:29:44 PM
I just hope they don't reference MySpace again, like the first movie did despite being set in 2010.
To be fair, the comic is older than that, and I'm pretty sure the script was written in 07/08.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on July 19, 2013, 03:26:08 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2013, 02:29:44 PM
To be fair, the comic is older than that, and I'm pretty sure the script was written in 07/08.
That's true, but they could've easily replaced it with Facebook while shooting.

I don't know why that bugs me so much, but it does. The movie's still pretty good, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

So yeah, Karen Gillan is gonna be Nebula.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Even though The Avengers is still great, I feel like it is slightly a novelty film. You sit down in the movie theater and have some orgasms over these superheroes coming together and simply being awesome with little competition from the enemy. It was initially my favorite Marvel movie canon film. But having gone back to them again, I find Iron Man to be the movie with more rewatch value.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Avengers is great. Just not one of my absolute top favorite superhero movies at this point.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's the problem with all of you lesser people. You let initial expectations fool you greatly into what you think is the greatest thing ever until you re-watch it. But, not everyone can be as smart as I am. :sly:

No, but seriously, I think Avengers is great, and I liked it just as much as the first time I saw it upon re-watching it recently, but it was never my favorite superhero movie, nor was it even my favorite Marvel movie, for that matter. I was always calling BS on people saying it was better than The Dark Knight. I mean, I know its opinion, but one film clearly has more going on with its story and characters than the other and is generally better written and structured. Also, I think that Captain America is the best of the Avengers line of films. I liked it much better than even Iron Man, which I like a lot, but I find it to be just a tad bit overrated.

Avaitor

Avengers isn't perfect, but honestly, what movie is? It's just a lot of fun.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 21, 2013, 08:53:44 PM

I agree, but that's always what I saw it as. I just didn't agree with the people who were saying that it was the best superhero film ever, but that's just my personal opinion, anyways. Though, as far as really fun movies go, I still find that Captain America nails things on that front as well. I don't know what it is, but despite him being the least popular Avenger by far (at least as far as the movies go), he's honestly the most appealing hero and general character to me. He was also my favorite character in The Avengers, and even in the AEMH animated series.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 21, 2013, 07:47:56 PM
That's the problem with all of you lesser people. You let initial expectations fool you greatly into what you think is the greatest thing ever until you re-watch it. But, not everyone can be as smart as I am. :sly:

No, but seriously, I think Avengers is great, and I liked it just as much as the first time I saw it upon re-watching it recently, but it was never my favorite superhero movie, nor was it even my favorite Marvel movie, for that matter. I was always calling BS on people saying it was better than The Dark Knight. I mean, I know its opinion, but one film clearly has more going on with its story and characters than the other and is generally better written and structured. Also, I think that Captain America is the best of the Avengers line of films. I liked it much better than even Iron Man, which I like a lot, but I find it to be just a tad bit overrated.

I didn't get my hopes up too high. I just think the novelty of seeing these superheroes together is something that isn't replicated in rewatches, at least not quite to the same extent as that first time seeing it. And it was never my favorite superhero movie over The Dark Knight, you lesser person. :thinkin:

Still, The Avengers is my third favorite in the Marvel movie canon, and Captain America is my fourth favorite. My top two is a tie between Iron Man and Iron Man 3, which was a big surprise and way better than Iron Man 2.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on July 21, 2013, 08:53:44 PM

I agree. I don't mean to sound like I am bashing Avengers. It was one of my favorite films to hit theaters last year. It's a very fun movie, but for me, The Dark Knight and Iron Man just have more to offer in story.

I really need to rewatch Captain America. I've only seen it once, but the movie just clicked really well for me, as it clearl did for many of you.