Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I remember thinking the Thor and Cap sequels came out this summer.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I probably won't see it right away, but since just about everyone I know was blown away by the Avengers, it's probably a given that someone will ask me to go with them.

Though I do want to see it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I know a lot of people who either loved, liked, or hated the first movie. Personally I liked it, though not nearly as much as Iron Man 1 or Captain America. I definitely want to see the sequel. I'm hoping to catch it this weekend.

Avaitor

Thor is actually my uncle's favorite super hero, while he and I usually end up going to all of these movies together. Convincing him to do the premiere with me wasn't hard.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

So lately I have been hearing a complaint that I want to get you guys' thoughts on.

Did you ever think the Dark Knight trilogy has bad dialogue?

Avaitor

They had some clunky lines, Begins in particular, but not that much moreso than just about any other super hero movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Silverstar

Gal Gadot (from the Fast and Furious movies) has now been cast to play Wonder Woman in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel...or is it now Superman/Batman? Now that Wondy's in the mix, they might as call this movie Trinity.

Now, Flash is rumored to also be making a cameo in this. Man, WB really wants to catch up to The Avengers.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If this is true, then they are just rushing things WAY too much. The reason The Avengers was a hit was, aside from actually being a well-made movie, Marvel took the time to build up to it and hype it up by getting people invested in each of the main characters involved in the story. It took a while to get there, but by the time we did, most of us were already pretty invested in the MCU and for that reason it made the movie feel like a really big event. If DC just sticks a bunch of heroes into a big team-based movie without any build-up or prior exposure for any of those characters, then nobody will really have any reason to feel invested in them and the entire thing will just be a big mess of plot, even if they are using A-list heroes.

Avaitor

It also isn't giving us a good sign for Wondy's involvement in the franchise if she can't even maintain her own movie.

I know that I'm not WW's biggest fan, but we're killing for a movie of her own. Or a good female super hero movie, really. Marvel keeps on hinting at doing Ms. Marvel or giving Black Widow her own film, and they're still not delivering.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Meh, if their parts are small and imply that they will be getting their own movies than I see no reason to complain here. Now if this ends up being a full on Justice League movie, then yes, I'd freak out. Anyway, I just want to see the Flash get a good live action representation for once.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

As long as Zack Snyder is in charge, I really don't expect this series to come close to the Avengers movie continuity.

Spark Of Spirit

Outside of Batman, DC's track record has been pretty awful as it is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2013, 10:34:01 PM
Outside of Batman, DC's track record has been pretty awful as it is.

You mean as of recently, right?

Superman is one of my all time superhero movies. :P

Spark Of Spirit

I meant generally, but yeah Superman's first two (1.5?) movies are good.

Avaitor

I wonder how they'll add Green Lantern in, if they bring Ryan Reynolds back, go for John Stewart, or just drop him.

New blog!