Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

My hope for Hal getting the respect he deserves will die if Reynolds reprises that role. I hate that guy.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Silverstar

They're definitely not bringing Ryan Reynolds back. I recall an article months back saying that he wasn't interested in coming back and they weren't interested in bringing him back. As long as we don't get the CGI mask again, I don't care who plays him.

From what I've been reading and gathering, the JL roster is said to be consisting of the Trinity, Flash and a GL. WB still hasn't said which GL yet.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

talonmalon333

So I decided to rank the Marvel and DC live action movies. I did the lists separately, though. If I miss any movies on these lists, it was either because I never saw the movie (honestly, I have never bothered to take the time to watch Batman Forever or Batman & Robin), I forgot about it, or I was lazy.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Iron Man 3
3. Iron Man
4. The Avengers
5. Spider-Man
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Thor
8. The Incredible Hulk
9. Iron Man 2
10. Spider-Man 3
11. The Amazing Spider-Man
12. Hulk
13. The Fantastic Four

1. The Dark Knight
2. Superman
3. Batman Begins
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Superman II
6. Batman
7. Batman Returns
8. Batman: The Movie
9. Man of Steel

I tried ranking Steel because I love it and find it hilarious. But it's the type of movie that, since it's so legitimately bad, I can't properly rank it.

Unless I'm forgetting something, wow, DC's track record is indeed terrible outside Batman, Spark. The only other good movies they did were two Superman films. Not to mention, they even have some bad Batman movies, and don't even get me started on Man of Steel again.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think my list would be mostly the same as before with just a few alterations, but I'll add IM3 and Thor 2 into it, now:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger
2. X2: X-Men United
3. The Avengers
4. X-Men: First Class
5. Iron Man
6. Spider-Man
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. X-Men
9. Iron Man 3
10. Thor: The Dark World
11. Thor
12. Spider-Man 3
13. Spider-Man 2
14. The Incredible Hulk
15. Dare Devil
16. The Wolverine
17.Iron Man 2
18. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
19. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
20. X-Men 3: Last Stand
21. The Fantastic Four
22. Ghost Rider

I know I'm probably leaving some stuff off, but I can't bother to even remember them right now.

Anyways....

#1-5: The embodiment of greatness
#6-8: Pretty good
#9-14: Really flawed but still decent, fun flicks
#15-18: Shit list
#19-21: Super shit list
#22: Steaming pile

talonmalon333

I always thought that Iron Man 2 feels like a typical basic sequel, if that makes any sense. Like, it has certain things that worked in the first movie, but they also tried to bring in more cheap crowd pleasers, mainly more explosive action.

I don't dislike it, but it's certainly cheaper and far from the likes of the original.

talonmalon333

That reminds me, I always found it funny that the franchise that started with Iron Man, a movie with a more "down to earth" tone, rooted in technological, militaristic stuff... now takes place in a universe with super powerful gods, various realms, aliens, and space whales. It's certainly not a flaw. I just find it interesting because it really doesn't seem like what they intended with the tone of the original Iron Man. :P

gunswordfist

Quote from: Silverstar on December 05, 2013, 07:35:21 AM
They're definitely not bringing Ryan Reynolds back. I recall an article months back saying that he wasn't interested in coming back and they weren't interested in bringing him back. As long as we don't get the CGI mask again, I don't care who plays him.

From what I've been reading and gathering, the JL roster is said to be consisting of the Trinity, Flash and a GL. WB still hasn't said which GL yet.
I hope it's Hal. John Stewart is practically more popular with the general public thanks to Justice League and the only good thing Hal has ever really been in outside of the comics is a few recent animated movies. He needs his turn.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 05, 2013, 04:55:56 PM
I always thought that Iron Man 2 feels like a typical basic sequel, if that makes any sense. Like, it has certain things that worked in the first movie, but they also tried to bring in more cheap crowd pleasers, mainly more explosive action.

Did we watch the same movie? I saw hardly any explosive action (way less than the first movie, for sure), and I don't think any crowds were pleased with references to The Avengers being shoehorned into a movie that already had 3 or 4 unnecessary sub-plots going on.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 05, 2013, 06:12:00 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 05, 2013, 04:55:56 PM

Did we watch the same movie? I saw hardly any explosive action (way less than the first movie, for sure), and I don't think any crowds were pleased with references to The Avengers being shoehorned into a movie that already had 3 or 4 unnecessary sub-plots going on.

I thought I remembered Iron Man 2 relying far more on action, with the Avengers references being nearly irrelevant and rather pointless (which is a flaw, but not big enough to ruin a film). Perhaps I just don't remember the movie well enough, but being that it's just not a good enough movie for me to want to rewatch it and check, I'll take your word for it. :P

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 05, 2013, 06:37:48 PM
I thought I remembered Iron Man 2 relying far more on action, with the Avengers references being nearly irrelevant and rather pointless (which is a flaw, but not big enough to ruin a film). Perhaps I just don't remember the movie well enough, but being that it's just not a good enough movie for me to want to rewatch it and check, I'll take your word for it. :P
Iron Man 2 has maybe 10 total minutes of action in its entire runtime, if not less. I was bored to tears during it.

Spark Of Spirit

Other than the beginning and the end, there isn't much action at all.

That would be fine if the story was good enough, but it really wasn't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I mostly liked seeing how being Iron Man affects Tony Stark. It was a good angle that led to Iron Man 3 which was vastly superior.

talonmalon333

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 confirmed for next year.

This news really doesn't mean much to me. I didn't particularly care for the first movie, and I'm not sure if I'll even go to see this one. But I just thought I'd post it in case anyone was curious.

Spark Of Spirit

I still haven't seen the first one.

No interest.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

It's one the most forgettable movies I have ever seen. I mean, Man of Steel was awful, but I at least remember some of it. And I honestly have more interest in seeing its sequel, if only because I'm slightly curious about how Batman and Wonder Woman will be.