Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 28, 2014, 11:10:44 PM
Also, have you seen Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Foggle? That show is the epitome of heart and fun and character, while still delving into really interesting stories that have some good dramatic merit to them as well. It's also where I got introduced to Black Panther and Ms. Marvel, among other unique characters (including the Guardians of the Galaxy, even if it was just one episode), and those interpretations of the characters are what got me interested in them in the first place.
I really need to, especially since I loved Spectacular Spider-Man so much. One of these days...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As far as that goes, while TSSM is the clear best Marvel cartoon, I'd say that AEMH is a close second, with some arcs arguably being on par with the best of TSSM. That is, everything except for the back half of season 2, which saw a replacement of the writers when Jeph Loeb took over. But honestly, while the quality is a definite downgrade, it still never becomes a bad show (outside of that Man of Action episodes), a did say that there are still some surprisingly good quality episodes into the final quarter of the show, so it's still one of my favorites.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

New footage for Age of Ultron: http://youtu.be/66f5EKU6j5s

Note: Only the first minute of it is new, the rest is the usual trailer that we've all seen.

I like that this shows how the movie indeed does have a sense of humor to shut those people up who kept complaining about the trailer being too dark in tone.

Also, I'm happy to say that I didn't have to wast my time with Agents or Shit last night to watch this.  I saw The Flash instead, and just found this footage uploaded on YouTube this morning.

Spark Of Spirit

Still looks like the fun Avengers I remember. What's to hate?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Also, notice how Captain America was the only Avenger who could make the hammer budge, even just a little bit. I don't know if he's ever been able to fully pick up Thor's hammer in the comics, but if any other character among the current cast of the movies were to be worthy of it besides Thor himself, it'd definitely have to be Cap.

gunswordfist

i just know he lifted it and beat a version of the hulk in the ultimates.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 29, 2014, 05:31:11 PM
Also, notice how Captain America was the only Avenger who could make the hammer budge, even just a little bit. I don't know if he's ever been able to fully pick up Thor's hammer in the comics, but if any other character among the current cast of the movies were to be worthy of it besides Thor himself, it'd definitely have to be Cap.
Cap is one of the very few characters in the comics that have picked Mjonir up.

Another one, besides Beta Ray Bill of course, is Wonder Woman.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Wasn't that part of that 90's DC and Marvel crossover comic?

It'd actually be kind of fun to try and list off some fictional characters outside of the Marvel Universe who would potentially be considered worthy of picking up Mjolnir.

Also, now that I think about it, it's unlike Joss Whedon to hint at Cap having the potential to pick up Mjolnir and then do nothing with it beyond that. I mean, it could just be a subtle little nod to the comics, or it could be a tease at a scene later on in the movie where he manages to surprisingly use it against Ultron. It'd be really awesome to see, if the movie goes that route, and I wouldn't put it past Joss Whedon to add in major fan service like that.

Spark Of Spirit

I was about to say, I bet it's foreshadowing. At one crucial moment Cap will pick up Mjolnir for some reason or the other (most likely to defend someone) and cause a turnabout of some sort.

Oh, also wanted to say that I recently rewatched both Winter Soldier and Days of Future Past. Still two of my favorites.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i've yet to see either. i also need to see the wolverine.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 29, 2014, 06:44:08 PM
Oh, also wanted to say that I recently rewatched both Winter Soldier and Days of Future Past. Still two of my favorites.  :)
Ignoring ASM2 like all people who want to remain sane should, this year has been utterly fantastic for comic book movies, and really showed that the genre still has lots of steam left in it. Three of the all time best released in such close proximity to each other; it's been great.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, I don't think that ASM2 was nearly as bad as people made it out to be, much like the 3rd Raimi SM movie. It's a really flawed movie, for sure, but I can't stand the modern day way people critique things by just bashing the hell out of it in angry fashion and over-exaggerating how terrible they think it is. To me, the movie is a mix of both good and bad things.

Putting that aided, though, we got 3 of the best movies in the entire genre, so it was definitely a good year for comic book movies.

Spark Of Spirit

I found this quote about the upcoming "Civil War" movie for Cap 3:

Quote"Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who."
It looks like it's going to be about the entire world's reaction to the emergence of superheroes as a whole and nothing to do with the horrible, horrible comic.

They still shouldn't use that title.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That makes me feel a "little" more relieved, but I'm still skeptical. I'll need to see a trailer.

Avaitor

My rankings of the X-Men movies!

X2
Days of Future Past
First Class
X-Men
The Wolverine
Origins
The Last Stand
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/