Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He wouldn't be able to direct that many movies in such close proximity to each other. That was never going to happen. Most likely he will just be kept in charge of any Superman-related films.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on November 25, 2014, 03:43:21 PM
He wouldn't be able to direct that many movies in such close proximity to each other. That was never going to happen. Most likely he will just be kept in charge of any Superman-related films.

Right. I mostly had in mind the Superman & Batman movie, as well as the Justice League movie (which I think are both his). I kind of forgot that a bunch were recently announced. Truthfully, I barely keep up with superhero movie stuff anymore. :P

talonmalon333

What do you guys think is better, Agents of SHIELD or Iron Man 2? I haven't seen that show, but I ask this question because I know the general opinion seems to be that it, at best, is mediocre. That seems to be the same case as with Iron Man 2.

Avaitor

Iron Man 2's average at best, a bit annoying at worst. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is just mediocre.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't like either of them, though AOS is definitely worse.

gunswordfist

im2 is average, the few minutes of aos i watched were boring.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

The Shadow Gentleman

LumRanmaYasha

Interesting casting decision, to say the least.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'm super interested in each of the potential Waller choices.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I was thinking this about Spider-Man 3. You guys know how people say that too many villains are in this movie, and therefore, they aren't developed enough?

But really... are any of the villains other than Venom underdeveloped? Sandman got a lot of screentime and story, and Harry of course had the whole trilogy to build on, and his story arc was fine. Venom was the only one who seemed underdeveloped (and I'm pretty sure Raimi only put him in to please fans). They complain that Venom only appears at the end of the movie... but quite frankly, I think that exact reason is why the other two villains are fine. Since Venom only takes form in the last 15 minutes, that means the other villains do still get 90+ minutes to work from.

Do I think Venom needed to be in this movie? Not really. But I do think Sandman and Harry perfectly survived his inclusion and had good roles in the movie.

Spark Of Spirit

Cramming Venom in was the weakest part of the movie, but I thought Eddie Brock and the suit themselves got enough focus. Just together they didn't really have the chance to develop anything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

To be fair, Eddie Brock wasn't very well-developed in the comics to begin with. SM3 tried its best to make his story come off stronger, but Venom's basic lack of presence is what held him back in the movie.

Spectacular really did the best for both Eddie and Venom. If I ever get the chance to go back to my reviews, I want to get into just how Eddie's deteriorating opinion on Peter worked so well in the show.

New blog!