Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's a popcorn movie. And one of the best of its kind.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i haven't watched it since the theaters. it was good but not great.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Avaitor

I don't really have time now, with work and school coming up and all, but I definitely plan to use my set to watch The First Avenger and Incredible Hulk again in the near future.

I still quite like the first Thor, but I think I've seen it more than I have Avengers, so I'll probably save that for some time later. Maybe when I watch the sequel again, as I'm planning a Phase 2 rewatch before Age of Ultron. And I probably won't use the Blu of Iron Man 2 for the feature any time soon, but I'll get to the bonuses when I have the chance.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

GregX

So I had two fantasies about the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

1. Spider-Man returns to the fold.

2. We find out out that Coulson has been dead all along, Special Snowflake is actually Mephisto, and the events of "Special Snowflake and the SHIT Squad" have all been Coulson's experience in Hell.

One of these things just happened. Shall I keep hoping for the other?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, the one good thing about AOS being so inconsequential to the MCU's overall continuity is that it's easy to pretend that it doesn't exist.

As for Spider-Man being integrated into the MCU, while I have personally enjoyed some of Sony's films, I'm fully aware that none of them have done the character any justice. It'll be fun to finally see a live-action iteration of the web-head done by people who understand the character.

Although, I don't anticipate seeing him play a big part in any of these movies until Infinity Wars, but he may make for an awesome post-credits scene appearance in one of the upcoming MCU movies from 2016 or later.

Avaitor

I just really hope Spidey doesn't join the Avengers. He's the antithesis of a team player, and has just never fit them at all.

In terms of movies, I just hope they skip the origin story, and maybe high school in general. It's been done so much already.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

oh my...my favorite hero that was ever an avenger. hopefully they don't force him into the spotlight. i don't want to see spider-man punching out thanos just because he's the most famous hero they have.

gunswordfist

i actually hope he does, even though even in the new avengers comics he didn't fit well on the team. he should just not be a full fledged member because yeah, spidey is better solo. they should have him come on whenever he's really needed, kind of like how terry never really joined the justice league in batman beyond.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on February 10, 2015, 10:36:50 AMIn terms of movies, I just hope they skip the origin story, and maybe high school in general. It's been done so much already.

Marvel has actually gone on record saying that they will no longer do any origin stories inthe MCU after Ant-Man and the Netflix shows.

Spark Of Spirit

So, another reboot? Well, if this one is done by Marvel I might care.

Quote from: Avaitor on February 10, 2015, 10:36:50 AMIn terms of movies, I just hope they skip the origin story, and maybe high school in general. It's been done so much already.
For the love of everything, PLEASE skip the origin story and high school already.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Seriously, does nobody ever read anything? Marvel already addressed that months ago.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 10, 2015, 01:20:39 PM
Seriously, does nobody ever read anything? Marvel already addressed that months ago.
Spider-Man is a special case.  :cop:

gunswordfist

exactly, spark.

i would like to see college peter, myself. also, a live action spider-man that's actually funny and charismatic.