Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on April 02, 2014, 08:53:49 PM
The original's a classic.  :thinkin:
Sure is.

Now if only every kid film starring dinos would stop ripping off its plot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

One of Don Bluth's best. My personal favorite of his.

Daikun

Daxdiv

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Pixar's short to be attached to Inside Out is called Lava.

QuoteU.S. Release Date: June 19, 2015
Director: James Ford Murphy
Producer: Andrea Warren

Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, ?Lava? is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years.

Daikun

Quote from: Daikun on May 27, 2014, 07:12:28 PMPixar releases plot and casting details for their next film, Inside Out.

We have a first look at Riley.

There's also a behind-the-scenes featurette (account required, but it's free).

Spark Of Spirit

Now this looks great. Pete Docter directed two of my favorite Pixar films (and one of my all time favorites) so I'm really interested to see where he goes with this one. That it's not a sequel is even more exciting.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

So they're not scrapping it. That's good.

I'm still missing my Pixar film for this year. I still feel like I missed something in the film world.

LumRanmaYasha

Toy Story 4 has been announced. John Lasseter will be directing it. Release date is expected to be in June 2017.

...I mean, I kind of thought 3 was a good ending point, you know? Like, I can't really see what more they can do with it. But, you know, if they think they've got a good idea, I'm not against another movie. I'll wait out for more info on the plot until I make any further judgement, but I'm reasonably optimistic about this.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought 3 made for a perfect ending, but I'm also not so attached to the series that I'd hate to see them do anything with it beyond that. Had this announcement come a few years ago, I would consider it milking the franchise, but since it's 4-years later, and the film would presumably be coming a few years from now, I'd say that it'd be enough of a gap in time from the last film to still feel fresh.

I can see people backlashing at this for messing with their childhood, but people also did that for Toy Story 3, and IMO that was the best one by far.

talonmalon333

And suddenly, Finding Dory sounds like the best idea ever to me.

I'm honestly disappointed.

EDIT: I just realized that my Finding Dory joke sort of doesn't make sense in the context of my disappointment. :P

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/