Sonic Boom

Started by Daikun, October 03, 2013, 01:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Rynnec

Presuming that's Knuckles, then I don't like his look.

I don't like it one bit.

Goldstar

Looks like Knuckles has been to the gym.  :zonk:

Cartoon Network is an unexpected choice, but I do like that Sonic Boom is going to be comedy focused. As long as it's not SatAM or Sonic X, I'm OK with it. Not to offend any fans of SatAM, but younger brother bought the DVD set of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog a few years ago and sadly, that series has not aged well.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Nel_Annette

As I said elsewhere, the fuck did they do to Knuckles?  :whuh: Also seems like Sonic's got a vest.

I wouldn't mind a series like this, but the silhouettes' designs... ewww.

LumRanmaYasha

A new Sonic series, eh? I didn't like Sonic am or Sonic X, but hopefully this'll be a step up from those and more fun to watch.

Although I would much rather have a new Kirby show myself, but I guess that ain't happening anytime soon.  :(

Spark Of Spirit

I'd have to see the actual art style first. But since it's comedy based, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

King Hippo

I wonder how long it will take DeviantArt to piss their diapers about this news.

I never thought I'd see a Sonic movie.

gunswordfist

Hmm, that is a big deal. I also had no clue Sonic was getting a new show. Wasn't something else called Sonic Boom?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 05, 2014, 12:46:58 AM
Hmm, that is a big deal. I also had no clue Sonic was getting a new show. Wasn't something else called Sonic Boom?
Yeah, that's the title of the OP and ED song from Sonic CD.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Ah, I thought it was a theme name from Sonic CD.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

So, regarding the whole Knuckles issue...

Also, trailer.

Daxdiv

Damn, Sonic has legs and Knuckles is pretty beefy now.

As for the trailer, feels like something out of Sonic's recent outings, more comedy based than trying to be serious. I approve of this.

Peanutbutter

I think that was really a clip from the pilot, not an actual trailer. Looks like it will be fun but also have some serious moments. I can't wait to see this!

Why was Robotnik renamed Eggman again?  ???

Spark Of Spirit

Looks potentially good. The game does, too.

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 06, 2014, 04:22:45 PM
Why was Robotnik renamed Eggman again?  ???
His official full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik since Sonic Adventure. They merged both the Japanese and American stuff into one by then and everyone just went with his nickname. I still call him Robotnik, though. No reason except that it rolls off the tongue easier.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton