What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I read Punisher MAX Barracuda 2 days ago. Garth Ennis is great.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Hime

I'm currently reading Rosario to Vampire II, and Hell's Kitchen.

And both stories are quite interesting:

-The first one is quite as much horror how Alucard awakens.
-The second one is cooking craziness :rtard:

gunswordfist

Read Punisher Vol. 8 Widowmaker. Too emo for me.

Grave

I really need to start reading comics. As much as I like the characters from Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and other iconic series I've yet to read any comics. Since getting into manga I've become real cheap since this stuff can be found online.

In any case, I've only been reading Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tail. D-Grayman gets a read here and there along with Hajime no Ippo.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Grave on January 05, 2013, 02:19:56 AM
I really need to start reading comics. As much as I like the characters from Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and other iconic series I've yet to read any comics.

Same. I've been thinking about checking out one of the Essentials.

Avaitor

Well if you want to get into some of their classic stories, I have this list to check out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I should probably get back into reading those Essential Spider-Man volumes, myself.

gunswordfist

Read X-Men Schism today. It's like they are trying their hardest to make Cyclops completely unlikable.

Pharass

Read the fifth and final volume of Le Pouvoir des Innocents recently. Absolutely fantastic, it definitely helps cement this one of the best comics I've ever read.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Read Green Arrow Straight Shooter today. Oliver Queen is a favorite now.

hobbyfan

My reading list, as of 1/7/13:

All-Star Western
Popeye (IDW)
Joe Palooka (IDW)
Sherlock Holmes (Dynamite)
The Shadow (Dynamite)
Masks (Dynamite)
Joe Kubert Presents

3 of the above are miniseries. Just read the Shadow Special over the weekend. Great stuff.

As a long time reader-collector, I am disheartened by what they're doing at DC & Marvel lately, and I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. Rather than try to educate today's generation of readers, they're rewriting history, if you will, shifting on the fly, and tossing a double bird to the older readers (like me) who know better.

Dr. Insomniac

Finally got to read ASM 700. And honestly, I did not dislike it at all. In fact, Peter Parker's not even dead if you look at the event from a certain philosophical standpoint. The Superior Spider-Man may have Ock's personality, but Peter's memories to go along with that. And if you go by the idea that nurturing affects our identity than nature, then Doc Ock's actually the one who's dead. Really, we just have a Peter Parker who suddenly has super-intelligence and more of a headstrong thing going on.

gunswordfist

I read Rurouni Kenshin v. 9 and Here Come...Daredevil yesterday.

I'm starting to like Saito more. I'm paying more and close attention to Shishio. He seems more interesting already.

I believe HCD is the first full Daredevil comic I've ever read. I've been holding it off since I haven't been that interested in the character. It was good to finally start reading his 2012 run that people have been saying is great, this book was pretty good and I'll be reading more of Waid's run on the series.

Daxdiv

I read Superior Spider-Man 1 today. Right now Otto Octavius as Peter Parker feels  like Tony Stark 2.0 right now. As for Spider-Man, Otto has shown more cunning and a bit of being an anti-hero as he was planning to kill someone before he stopped. Does hint that there might more of an internal struggle between Peter and Otto as shown in ASM 700, since Peter's spirit is hanging on and he's trying to find a way to get back.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/