What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The impression that I'm getting for this arc is that Xavier has the best of intentions for the X-Men, but Scott is arguing a fair point that they are all adults now and don't quite need the same sort of guidance that he provided back when they were still developing their powers and their ways of coping with their lives as mutants. Also, apparently Scott has been leading the X-Men during the absence of Xavier for a while, so maybe he does like the feeling of Cavier trying to undermine his authority now that he's gotten used to it.

The Shadow Gentleman

Kind of sad we may never see another bowling boom. Oh well.

Guta lala Suda lala...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finished reading The a Dark Phoenix Saga. I never liked The Last Stand to begin with, but now that I also see how badly it botched its own source material, I understand the hate for it a lot more.

Please recommend more iconic Marvel story-lines that I should probably read.

Anyways, now I'll focus on catching up with REAL, and also continuing to read JoJo, while simultaneously starting Vinland Saga.

Spark Of Spirit

Any version of Dark Phoenix that includes Jean killing Scott fails by default. Oddly enough, Exiles had an arc wondering what would happen if she did. It didn't end well for anyone.

A better question would be wondering what exactly Last Stand got right.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

It was more entertaining than X2, for one.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Just found out that Hawkeye is ending this month, at least with Fraction as the writer. Damn.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Has he had any other good series in the past?

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 16, 2014, 11:28:57 PM
Has he had any other good series in the past?
Hawkeye or Matt Fraction?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Hawkeye. I love Fraction's Iron Man and Iron fist though.

Avaitor

His first miniseries in the 80's is very good. He has a handful of other miniseries and short-lived series, but this one is the first since that to realy take off.

New blog!

Pharass

I recently got the following comics:

100 Bullets vol 7
The Unwritten vol 4
American Vampire vol 2

All three were excellent reads (as usual), each doing a great job of moving their respective stories forward and introducing new and interesting characters. If you haven't read any of these titles yet, I recommend checking them out.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Yay on continuing to read 100 Bullets and American Vampire! 100 Bullets is my favorite comic book series ever and American Vampire is my 2nd favorite ungoing comic book series (assuming it hasn't ended since I last left off.)

VLordGTZ

I just finished JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean.  It's definitely one of my favorite Parts of JoJo so far.  The main cast was great, and I found Pucci to be an interesting villain.   I'm definitely looking forward to reading Steel Ball Run (especially since I've heard that it's the best part of the series).

A few days ago, I also finished reading Sailor Moon.  While I didn't really care for the first 2 story arcs, I quite enjoyed the last 3 arcs.  I also liked that Usagi matured as the story progressed, and I found her to be a very likable character by the end of the series.

LumRanmaYasha

I used to think the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter X Hunter was pushing the boundaries for graphic violence/disturbing imagery for a modern shonen manga.

Then I read Franken Fran.

...yeah....Hunter X Hunter's got nothing on that. And Franken Fran's a comedy.  :lol:

gunswordfist