What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I also read Before Watchmen as well, I ended up buying it though. A good read, I felt like this writer had a good feel for the Minutemen team and showed it off in their past.

Avaitor

Uh, so does Before Watchmen combine all the stories or are they in separate comics?

I wanna start reading the new Journey Into Mysterys, so I might pick up a copy of these too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

It's a mini series. Only 1 Issue has been released so far, and that one focuses on the Minutemen. Starts with Hollis writing Under the Hood. Next week is Silk Spectre's turn.

Pharass

This week I finally got around to read the first volume of Scalped by Jason Aaron & R.M. Gu?ra. Scalped is a comic that I've been meaning to check out for a long time and the first volume completely lived up to my expectations. Great stuff.

Another great comic I've read recently is Lloyd Singer by Luc Brunschwig & Olivier Neuray. Brunschwig is one of the best writers who work in comics today and the fact that none of his work is available in English is a mystery to me.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I tried reading the new Journey Into Mystery, but couldn't really get into it. I mean, it started off with a James Bond joke. And not a good one.

I like the idea of kid Loki, and getting to explore his more comic side before we see him in adult form, but maybe I'm just burned out with young adult stuff.

And I also got the Minuteman comic, which I liked a lot better. Although the art was pretty weak to me IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Yeah, I'm done with comics. For good, this time.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 11, 2012, 04:07:41 PM

Yeah, I'm done with comics. For good, this time.
Mainstream comics. We still have good indie shit like The Boys and Saga.

Kiddington

...is it bad that I laughed after having first seen this?

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on June 11, 2012, 04:59:22 PM
I thought it was hilarious.

In a bad way.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on June 11, 2012, 05:13:37 PM
I thought it was hilarious.

In a bad way.

Same here, pretty much.

gunswordfist

I'm black and I laughed so yeah, you're ok. :D

Haha, I'm still laughing.

gunswordfist

This weekend I read Spider-Man Back In Black. Sooooo, it was alright, I guess, until the part where I was apparently reading One More Day...on purpose. :whuh: All you need to know why that was a very bad idea:
Something about Uncle Ben coming back to the past from an alternate future and being involved in some murder mystery...oh and getting killed. Don't forget that.

Hell, to throw in a few more reasons for no reasons: Peter grows some bone or whatever stringers out of his arms for no reason. There's some talk about how some spiders ate Peter's original body..WHAT?!

Avaitor

New blog!