Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Wait, Regular Show is for kids? ???

Avaitor

Doesn't it feel like Regular Show could fit in with the original [as] lineup? It'd still be among the tamer shows, but i could see it  air in between Sealab and The Brak Show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 08, 2012, 12:52:46 PM
Wait, Regular Show is for kids? ???
I don't even know anymore. 

Also, the show likes to use random 80s references, kind of like Family Guy.  This episode ended in a Breakfast Club styled ending, complete with the Simple Minds song, which is something I'm pretty sure Family Guy has done on at least a couple occasions(the one that comes to mind is the pre cancellation episode with Lando Griffin and the toads).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

And what's up with this orange show?  My god, there's so little effort in this it's scary.  Not only does it live up to its name as annoying as fuck, there's virtually no writing or acting or anything in it.  It's just a bunch of creepy looking produce jumping around the screen, with the orange saying something sarcastic and cackling.

Holy fuck.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

All I  know about that show is that it was based off of a YouTube series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Goldstar

Quote from: Avaitor on October 08, 2012, 01:09:38 PM
Doesn't it feel like Regular Show could fit in with the original [as] lineup? It'd still be among the tamer shows, but i could see it  air in between Sealab and The Brak Show.

Indeed, it does. I could easily see Regular Show airing on the early Adult Swim schedule, before every show had to contain random stoner humor. In fact, CN made J.G. Quintel tone down on some of the language since the 1st crop of episodes, where the characters would use words like "crap". Funny how the shows' writers still managed to sneak in a joke about "balls dropping" in "Fuzzy Dice".
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

SSJ Jake

Quote from: Comeau on October 08, 2012, 01:19:28 PM
And what's up with this orange show?  My god, there's so little effort in this it's scary.  Not only does it live up to its name as annoying as fuck, there's virtually no writing or acting or anything in it.  It's just a bunch of creepy looking produce jumping around the screen, with the orange saying something sarcastic and cackling.

Holy fuck.

It's basically Cartoon Network's response to Nickelodeon picking up Fred as a series. Since they already picked up the biggest, mind-numbingly terrible internet phenomenon that is some how popular with the kiddies, CN felt they needed to nab the next biggest. At least that's how I think it went down.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Dr. Insomniac

I can't wait 'til Disney makes a PewDiePie sitcom.

Rynnec

gunswordfist

Fred has two movies...and a series. :unimpressed:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

New blog!

Daxdiv

Is John Cena still Fred's Dad in those movies?

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 09, 2012, 08:24:33 PM
I can't wait 'til Disney makes a PewDiePie sitcom.

I will personally buy a plane ticket to your place and punch you if this happens.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on October 10, 2012, 01:29:15 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on October 09, 2012, 10:26:59 PM
Fred has two movies...and a series. :unimpressed:
Three movies!
Shit, I knew it. I wish that wasn't true though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

New blog!