Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 28, 2013, 10:23:44 PM
I agree with Daxdiv. Props to whoever wrote this!  :thumbup:

I believe the person that wrote this was our very own Bloody Marquis/Insommy. Well, going by his Twitter account as proof, where he mentions he got an idea for it.

Also, when I read the name of the reviewer, I immediately think of this guy:

Foggle

It was written by Dr. Insomniac. I'll gladly take credit for it, though. :joy:

Lord Dalek

Well consisdering I can't read a Paschal review for more than five seconds before triggering my gag reflex, you can tell I didn't write it.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Yay, more articles! Good job Spark. Hope to see the first part out soon. :joy: :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

I'm gonna try for one a week depending on how many episodes I want to do. I'm currently going through the episodes and picking them out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Lord Dalek

Foggle

http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=1690

The first part of our main anime clusterfuck is up! We give our thoughts on:

- Beyond The Boundary
- Coppelion
- Golden Time
- Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! - Rising
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku: Outbreak
- I Couldn't Become A Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided To Get A Job
- IS: Infinite Stratos 2
- Kill la Kill
- Kuroko's Basketball 2
- Kyousougiga
- Little Busters! Refrain
- Log Horizon
- Miss Monochrome: The Animation
- Nagi no Asukara
- Outbreak Company
- Pokemon Origins
- Strike The Blood
- White Album 2
- Gaist Crusher
- Freezing Vibration
- Aikatsu! 2

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great job, everyone!

This list reminds me that I should get around to watching Pokemon Origins.

Rynnec

QuoteOne of them laments that she ?isn?t attractive to the opposite sex?, then randomly gets hired to work at a restaurant with her friend. They immediately beat up some robbers while dressed like a maid and butler, respectively. Then she licks crepe cream off her friend?s face. Finally, they dress up in cat pajamas and her friend sexually harasses her

The scary thing about this? This was the best part of the episode. Yeah.

Nice write ups. Outside of Kill La Kill, this season really isn't doing much for me, but it's a lot better than last season.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I think that HnI and Kuroko are pretty good, but the problem is that those two seasons are sequels that aren't the best starting points for newcomers. We have a severe lack of good quality original content in general, this year.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 06, 2013, 02:06:11 PM
Well, I think that HnI and Kuroko are pretty good, but the problem is that those two seasons are sequels that aren't the best starting points for newcomers. We have a severe lack of good quality original content in general, this year.
Yep. Kill la Kill and Coppelion are really the only non-continuation premieres so far of any merit.

That said, this season is actually quite decent. Very few of the shows are legitimately bad for once; a lot of them are just average or highly flawed. Also, KLK is already my favorite anime since JoJo's, so it's great for me. I generally only have enough time to actively keep up with one or two shows anyway.

Foggle

Marquis (Insommy) convinced me to start weekly blogging Kill la Kill. Here are my thoughts on the controversial elements of the first episode:

http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=1788

Spark Of Spirit