Mega Man

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 06:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I see. I really enjoyed 10's demo so I thought the hate against it might have been blown out of proportion. Kind of like how everyone says 3 is the last good classic Mega Man despite how good 5 and 7 are.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Some people really like 10, so you could be one of the outliers. I just don't find it as tight as 9, or the better games in the series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I won't know unless I play it. I might finished the collection one day.

Spark Of Spirit

Out of the blue, Capcom announces Mega Man 11! Coming to everything.

FINALLY.

Also, Mega Man X1-X8 are being released to everything, as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2017, 01:24:56 PM
Out of the blue, Capcom announces Mega Man 11! Coming to everything.

FINALLY.

Also, Mega Man X1-X8 are being released to everything, as well.

After SIX years, the embargo is lifted! If the latter means we're getting a new X game too, Capcom is officially pardoned on my end!

Spark Of Spirit

They're also putting both Legacy Collections on the Switch which means they're going to really be pushing the Classic and X series since they're getting the old games out on everything.

No word on if they're working on making a full HD 3D project, but this is a good start. Get the series back in public consciousness with the two most popular strains of the series.

It took a very long time, but it looks like they might finally be giving Mega Man the respect he deserves.

... I still want them to hire Inticreates for a SNES-style X9, though. My most wanted Mega Man project.

gunswordfist

Sweet! I hope they release the X games in a collection and not separately!

Spark Of Spirit

I'm going to guess it'll be a collection. No one is going to buy X7 otherwise.

Here are screens from MM11:

The design is clearly modeled after the Smash version with slight tweaks.

Nonetheless, the effort they're putting into this game and promoting the Classic and X games makes me think they're taking this whole thing very seriously. I will be anticipating this game quite a bit.

EDIT: We have release dates

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 for Nintendo Switch - Spring 2018
Mega Man X 1 - 8 - Summer 2018
Mega Man 11 - Late 2018

So with that, I'm fairly confident X1-X8 will be a collection.

gunswordfist

Any word on who the dev team is! I didn't know how to feel about the art change. The concept looks great!

Spark Of Spirit

It's being done internally at Capcom, headed by people who worked on the old Mega Man games.

That is a good sign, because Capcom hasn't done a Classic game internally since 8 back in the '90s. They also haven't made a platformer in the series internally since X8 back in 2004. That it isn't 8-bit or farmed out to a third party is a big tell to me.

This leads credence to the Devil May Cry 5 rumors if Capcom is really this eager to get back to the roots of their classic series at this level.

Rynnec

If we're getting  another X collection, I wonder if they're going to rebalance and retranslate some of the games like they were going to do for the original X collection back in'05 before Capcom went and shit the bed with it. I doubt it, but I'd like to have an X6 that's at least enjoyable to play and comprehensible to read.

I'm glad Capcom wasn't just playing lipservice with MVC Infinite and are actually making good on their promise of revitalizing their dormant franchises.

Foggle

I really like the art style, I hope this ends up being great! Capcom is doing a good job this year. Gives me hope for DMC5 and the RE2 remake. :D

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on December 04, 2017, 09:01:34 PM
If we're getting  another X collection, I wonder if they're going to rebalance and retranslate some of the games like they were going to do for the original X collection back in'05 before Capcom went and shit the bed with it. I doubt it, but I'd like to have an X6 that's at least enjoyable to play and comprehensible to read.
Oh yeah, the scrapped content that was removed due to Inafune and his Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X games.

All that material (VA work, retranslations) is just sitting there unused, and they could very well add it, at least as bonus content. But I doubt they will. Much as I'd like to hear the Maverick Hunter X cast VA X4, X5, and X6, I don't see it happening.

I also hope they include the SNES version of X3 this time. I know the PS1 version was rarer, but the SNES one was much better.

Rynnec

It's doubtful they even got to record the redubs, at least according to some of the actors involved with MHX at the time. But retranslations are the least they could do, especially if it'll be a compilation meant to draw both old and new fans alike.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2017, 09:51:01 PM
Much as I'd like to hear the Maverick Hunter X cast VA X4, X5, and X6, I don't see it happening.

Yeah, especially since Mark Gatha's retired. While I wouldn't mind some of the MVCI VA's lending their talents (sans X's because man is that a miscast)  the Blue Water cast will always be the definitive voices for me.

QuoteI also hope they include the SNES version of X3 this time. I know the PS1 version was rarer, but the SNES one was much better.

Maybe they can do a mash up with the SNES' general gameplay and music with the PS1's anime cutscenes?

Also if possible, an option to view both the Japanese and English intro's for X3-8 would be great. I may prefer the english intro's to most of them, but it would still be a nice option to have.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2017, 09:51:01 PM
I also hope they include the SNES version of X3 this time. I know the PS1 version was rarer, but the SNES one was much better.
There was a PS1 version of X3? :o