Most Anticipated Movies

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 13, 2016, 09:54:44 PM
I sense a Capcom-style response if this movie fails. The studio will blame it on the female cast, rather than acknowledge that people just don't want to pay to watch a shitty movie.

Exactly, the other sad thing is a number of idiot clickbait journalists will suck up by writing out pretentious pieces about how sexist society is when its because they don't like crappy movies.

The biggest thing that ticks me off is they had a golden opportunity for a truly "inclusive" film by adapting Extreme Ghostbusters. That cartoon was great and despite only one season it was a worthy successor to The Real Ghostbusters. An already diverse cast of characters; none of whom were stereotypes whatsoever. There were plenty of episodes that could have been stretched out into a plot for the big screen.

Oh well, just have to hope that the movie will be good despite the trailers. If not, hopefully the right people get fired over it. Sony's movie department were not doing so well last I heard.

gunswordfist

I loved Extreme Ghostbusters. I need to watch Real and finish Extreme and pretend that the new Ghostbusters does not exist.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the early reviews for The Jungle Book are extremely positive. While I'm sure that the Tomato score will go down at least a little if not a lot by the time that the movie comes out, it's usually a pretty good sign if a film's first 15 reviews are all positive, and the positive reviews do genuinely praise the film, rather than basically indicating that it's merely passable.

I'm glad to see that people like the movie, because I was one of the few people genuinely interested in and excited for this movie when I heard that Jon Favreu was directing it, and after seeing the initial trailers. Jon Favreu has had a fantastic track record with children and family movies (Elf, Zathura, and Chef; Iron Man could also count as a family movie to some extent), so seeing him go back to arguably his best style of film made me confident that we could at least get an entertaining product. I'm not a fan of the other live-action Disney movie adaptations of their animated classics (Cinderella was OK for what it was, but not really my cup of tea), but this one looks like it's up my alley.

Avaitor

I low key swore off Disney's reinterpretations of their classics after Alice in Wonderland, but this is looking to be better than most. Not bad at all!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I love the Jungle Book, both the book and animated movie, so I've been looking forward to seeing this ever since the first trailers came out and showed a lot of promise. I'm glad it's getting positive reviews. If the RT score holds strong then I might even see it go see it opening weekend.

Dr. Insomniac

So Dark Troopers, Grand Admiral, Donnie Yen, Mon Mothma, etc. Rogue One already looks hype.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 07, 2016, 04:05:41 PM
So Dark Troopers, Grand Admiral, Donnie Yen, Mon Mothma, etc. Rogue One already looks hype.
:SHOCK:

Daxdiv

gunswordfist

The latter gained my attention.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd still feel more comfortable with 5 animated series of G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K., and ROM, that wrap into each other as a bigger universe. I just think animation would work better, but if it turns out good, then cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Is it just me, or is there no hype for the new Star Trek at all?

Maybe it's just me, since I thought that Into Darkness was such a dumb, lifeless retread of Wrath of Khan that it killed my interest in the AU. But aside from the Sulu controversy, I haven't heard much of anything about Beyond.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Into Darkness utterly killed all hype. It feels like everyone turned on the reboot series when that one came out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I suppose Anton Yelchin's death so soon before the premiere killed off some of the excitement from the cast, thought a lot of the AU hype in general seems to have died thanks to Into Darkness and because of Fuller's new series.

Spark Of Spirit