Most Anticipated Movies

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on April 16, 2015, 04:10:22 PM
Real talk though- who cares about the new Star Wars, when we got the Hateful Eight teaser today?
There's a Hateful Eight teaser!? Must watch!

gunswordfist

I'll check it out eventually.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm interested in TH8 since I liked Tarantino's last two films, but I consider his filmography as a whole to still be far from up my alley.

I've been a Star Wars fan since childhood, so despite my scepticism, I am still going to watch the new movie.

Avaitor

Man, I watch this this trailer, and I see that it isn't a trainwreck, but it's just, I don't care. I feel absolutely nothing when I sit through this.

I have no motivation to check out anything Star Wars ever again, even the original trilogy. And that feeling kind of sucks, but it's not the first time that I'm standing out of the crowd. I still don't like the Lego Movie, either.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

The Star Wars trailer was beautiful IMO. <3 you Harrison Ford!

LumRanmaYasha

Honestly, I have always been completely indifferent to the Star Wars franchise, even as a kid. So, the new trailer didn't particularly impress or inspire much enthusiasm from me as it seemed to with so many people in my twitter feed. But even so, I have to say the trailer makes it look quite promising, and I hope it'll turn out to be a good flick. 

And yes, the reveal of Harrison Ford reprising his role as Han Solo was my favorite part of the trailer.

gunswordfist

I've also always been indifferent to Star Wars. Well used to be, now I am a bit interested in it. I didn't care for the movies as a kid and just thought they were "dirty looking scifi" and was actually surprised when Anakin force jumped in the prequel trilogy because I had no clue they could do that because I paid so little attention to the franchise. lol I do want to check out that trailer though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm with Foggle. I liked the new trailer (though I still consider it more of a teaser). You know what I liked best about it? It showed off cool stuff WITHOUT SHOWING TOO MUCH! That really pisses me off about modern movie trailers. Like, as excited as I am for Age of Ultron, I feel like the promotional matetial basically spoiled the whole plot for us. The Vision should have been a surprise. Now we not only know that he's in the movie and that he'll be the one to take down Ultron, but we even know what his design looks like. There's literally no surprise where there should have been one.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens just gives us the basic gist of the msin characters, and doesn't give away anything else, especially the plot and villains.

Quote from: Avaitor on April 17, 2015, 08:47:55 PMAnd that feeling kind of sucks, but it's not the first time that I'm standing out of the crowd. I still don't like the Lego Movie, either.

I'll still take it over Frozen. :>

Dr. Insomniac

I'm amused at how every Episode VII promo really likes to emphasize the "we're not all CG like the prequels, see we have machines and muppets! Please don't hate us!" angle.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 17, 2015, 09:35:28 PM
I'm amused at how every Episode VII promo really likes to emphasize the "we're not all CG like the prequels, see we have machines and muppets! Please don't hate us!" angle.
lol. Now that you mention it, it's really true. The promos try so hard to invoke A New Hope to such an insane degree that I doubt they really show much of the proper movie at all.

That said, can you really blame them? I'd do the same in their shoes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hey, it works for me. I'm loving how great the practical effects look, and once again, appreciate that they haven't really spoiled anything (yet), like most modern trailers tend to do.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Tomorrowland currently has 59% on RT, but the reviews don't seem that negative.

At worst, this might turn out to be another of Disney's underperforming yet somewhat promising sci-fi films. Wow, do they have a lot of those, though. I might still go see it, anyway, but not before Mad Max.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'm honestly not sure if anyone really knows what this movie is. Look how long it took to even get a trailer that tries to explain the story. Even still, it barely revealed anything.

I'll be seeing it soon anyway.