MeTV Toons

Started by Daikun, May 07, 2024, 11:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

MeTV's Toon In With Me block did so well over the past few years that owner Weigel is turning it into its own 24/7 network. It's basically what Cartoon Network was like back in 1992, but on steroids. It will have classic H-B/WB programming, but also classic cartoons from other studios. It will launch June 25.

Boomerang is dead. Meet the new Boomerang.

EDIT: Here's a list of affiliates that will carry it on launch day.

Avaitor

So apparently the test to see if this channel would work was their Catchy Comedy channel's Looney Tunes marathon from a few weeks ago, and that gave them the highest ratings in the channel's history, meanwhile Me TV's Saturday morning block outranks basically all of Nick @ Nite.

These cartoons have never stopped being popular. I'm glad they'll have a place to be continuously rediscovered.

Edit: Based on a couple of sources I've talked to or seen, not everything that's on the website will air on day one, which is honestly for the best. You don't want to frontload the channel right off the bat, save some things for later.

From another source, Tom Ruegger's other series like Animaniacs aren't currently included but aren't off the table just yet. There might be an exclusivity contract with Hulu that needs to expire first is my guess, but they've been MIA for a minute, so who knows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/