Space Dandy

Started by Foggle, August 10, 2013, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

The Cowboy Bebop staff is reuniting for another sci-fi anime.

That's right. The Cowboy Bebop staff is reuniting for another sci-fi anime.

Just had to say it again to make sure you were paying attention.

QuoteThey want Space Dandy to feel like old-school sci-fi but modern and new at the same time.
QuoteThey're trying to make Space Dandy as epic as possible that it surprises everyone watching it.
QuoteThe premise is that Dandy and crew are alien hunters.
QuoteIt's set far in the future and looking for aliens that no one has ever seen.
QuoteThere's going to be new space aliens every week. They already have 100 designs.
Source: http://twitter.com/linkington

It's airing in January. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

LumRanmaYasha

Foggle

Camrip trailer.

Dat OST. Dat character design. Dat animation. Dat everything. :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I call dibs on this show for the Winter Seasonal Clusterfuck next year! :shakeshakeshake:

LumRanmaYasha

My tepid soul has been lit aflame by the sheer brilliance of that spectacle! The appealing, funky jazz beat. The luscious, beautiful animation and intriguing, gloriously fantastic character designs. A combination exceeding the coolness of any anime, nay, any series to come about since the end of Bebop itself. True funky fun has once again returned to show those moe-shit retards what good anime is all about. Dandy, Space Dandy, is a bright spot in this cold, homogenous anime industry and will no doubt set the world afire as it graces us with it's presence on television and computer screens. IT IS THE SECOND COMMING OF BEBOP! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!   :shakeshakeshake::swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :shakeshakeshake:

Rynnec

Depending on who picks this up, I may just wait for the dub. With the exception of Kids On The Slope, Watanabe shows are always better when dubbed. ;)

gunswordfist

I can't watch the trailer on this cheap phone so I want to know if Watanabe is involved on this project.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 10, 2013, 06:41:13 PM
I can't watch the trailer on this cheap phone so I want to know if Watanabe is involved on this project.
Watanabe is directing, Nobumoto and Sato are writing. I'm not sure if Kanno is doing the music, but it sounds really good and jazzy regardless.

gunswordfist

YESSSSS! I've been waiting for his next project.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Il

Thought I'd give this a post here since the talk about Space Dandy earlier..
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/bandai-america-registers-space-dandy.us-domain

I did a check to see if the .us and .jp domains were in operation yet. No dice.

Foggle

Watanabe had another panel today! Here are more details on Space Dandy, once again courtesy of http://twitter.com/linkington:

QuoteSpace Dandy was influenced by even older sci fi anime and movies like Tron and Forbidden Planet.
Quote"Bebop was 80% serious, 20% comedy. Space Dandy is the opposite."
QuoteSpace Dandy will have 20 artists working on the music. Ask for 3-4 songs per artist too. That's a lot of music.
QuoteNo instruments invented after 1984 for his musicians!
Quote"The latest audio technology is cassettes. MP3s and CDs do not exist."
QuoteDandy isn't the protagonist's nickname. It's his real name.
QuoteDandy is the biggest dude in the universe. He doesn't worry about the small details.
Quote"When we live our lives, we worry about the smallest things. But when something bad happens to Dandy, he forgets about it immediately."
QuoteSpace Dandy doesn't have a single normal dude in its cast of characters.
Quote"QT is a very dumb piece of crap robot. He's scrap metal."
QuoteDandy was looking for a capable robot I in the shop, but QT is a glorified Roomba
QuoteMeow is very lazy. "He's spends all of his time on Twitter on his iPhone."
QuoteThe show is about this trio and they are alien hunters. An epic tale of alien hunters.
QuoteThe characters ride their spaceship Aloha Oe every week to a new planet. A different planet every week.
QuoteThis means there will be brand new aliens every week.
QuoteWatanabe was worried about the different aliens all looking too similar, so every planet's aliens have a different designer.
QuoteHe told every designer to think of the aliens of their wildest dreams.
QuoteThey have over 100 aliens, so Watanabe jokingly said they could run for over 100 episodes if it's popular.
QuoteThe alien designers are all secrets and they will be announced episode by episode.
QuotePhilip K. Dick and James Tiptree are two of Watanabe's influences on Space Dandy.
QuoteWatanabe is hopeful that the broadcast of Space Dandy in America will start shortly after the one on Japan.

Rynnec

QuoteWatanabe is hopeful that the broadcast of Space Dandy in America will start shortly after the one on Japan.

[as], you now have your next killer app show. ;D

Foggle

HD non-camrip trailer.

Anime of the decade confirmed.

EDIT: New link added.

Daikun

Quote from: Lord Il on August 11, 2013, 09:52:44 AMThought I'd give this a post here since the talk about Space Dandy earlier..
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/bandai-america-registers-space-dandy.us-domain

Bandai America? ??? How?

Oh, and that trailer looks freakin' SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! ;D

Lord Il

Finally pulled up a url that actually works..
http://space-dandy.com/