Dragon Ball (All Series)

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 14, 2011, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

I want to know what it was like for someone if they only had the Ocean dub to listen to, only to find out years later that some deranged Texans made a dub of their own.

Nel_Annette

Going through the flu these past few days, I've started rewatching Dragon Ball for the first time since it originally aired. It's interesting to see all the... nudity that was originally edited out (well, amusing actually, I'm not sure how Bulma wouldn't notice her underwear was gone when the only other thing she was wearing was a gown), and I've also forgotten how genuinely funny Master Roshi and Oolong are in their debut episodes.

Dr. Insomniac

Daxdiv

Cool. I wonder if FUNi decided to fund this? Looks like Nick and CW will have more episodes to air after all.

Kiddington

Huh. Well, how do you like that.

Watching Buu without filler is going be weird though, considering how much of it was actually plot driven, leading up to the main event (whereas the majority of Frieza/Cell filler was nothing but overdrawn, five hour battle sequences). The Great Saiyaman saga in particular, given how well most of it flows into the events of World Tournament/Buu.

We'll see how they handle it, I guess. Cool that it's back, though.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm wondering who they'll get to dub Videl and Goten since Kara Edwards doesn't do much FUNi work. Still, she does the roles on the Budokai games, so she'll probably be back.

Kiddington

I'm more curious to see how they handle Buu's voice this time around. Will Fat Buu be as ridiculous as he was 10 years ago? If the games are any indication, I'm leaning towards yes (looks like the same guy still doing it, as recently as 2010).

Dr. Insomniac

I don't know. Apparently, the latest game had Meredith McCoy, Linda Young, and Stephanie Nadolny in their original roles (though they inconsistently switch to their Kai actors in a few scenes). It's really just a guessing game and whether or not the actor has done any recent FUNi roles.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 09, 2012, 01:53:00 AM
I don't know. Apparently, the latest game had Meredith McCoy, Linda Young, and Stephanie Nadolny in their original roles (though they inconsistently switch to their Kai actors in a few scenes). It's really just a guessing game and whether or not the actor has done any recent FUNi roles.

That makes no sense. At all.

Chris Ayers must be busy, because there is absolutely no excuse otherwise to not have him as permanent Frieza at this point, and I was under the impression that Nadolny moved on from FUNi years ago.

How strange.

Dr. Insomniac

Once again, it's inconsistent. From a video I saw, a level can pass from Young to Ayres without skipping a beat. Maybe the game was being localized in the middle of Kai being dubbed or something. Or the place where they dub the games is different from where they dub the show.

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 09, 2012, 01:53:00 AM

Which game is this? Because the only release I'm aware of is the Budokai collection. ???

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright people! Prepare yourselves for Goku Vs....

....Some weird Anubis-like thing....

Honestly, that villain design seems like it'd fit in better with the original Dragon Ball than in a more serious DBZ-flick, but maybe that's not such a bad thing as I do like DB better than DBZ. Either way, though, with how much Super Saiyan's in DBZ have been compared to gods, its only appropriate that they fight a villain that is based off of a god.

Daxdiv

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton