Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Started by Avaitor, April 23, 2011, 08:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

By the Kang arc, IIRC.

Also, I'm still an episode behind, but I liked the second episode quite a bit. Solid development for Tony and Pepper. I wonder if we're going into the Civil War though, considering Maria Hill's demand for the heroes to register.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The show takes a little while before it gets really interesting. The first half of the season is primarily spent on developing the characters, but it also has notably weaker stories that just aren't all that exciting. By the 2nd half the season I feel that the stakes go way up and things start to feel big and worthy of being a big enough deal to actually require the Avengers as a team rather than something that can be solved by just 1 or 2 heroes.

The Kang arc is where the show grows to epic levels, IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Episode 3 was another solid piece. This time we got to see that Captain America would indeed be willing to go back on his word and offer Zemo up to the Enchantress, which shocked even Zemo himself, to which the Captain responded that he's not what Zemo thinks he is anymore. This reminded me of the strange ending scene to season 1 and I have to wonder just what the hell happened there since it seems to have a direct effect on the Captain's character in this season.

In addition to all of that stuff, it was good to see Thor once again in this week's episode, even if his appearances were brief and he is still on Asgard and hasn't rejoined the Avengers yet.

Also, the Enchantress has a new master, but I have no idea who he is being that my knowledge of Marvel lore is extremely weak.

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I don't think that's actually Cap at all. He's been replaced by a Skrull.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I was thinking that a possibility as well, but since I haven't read the comics I'm not really sure myself. I was wondering if the Skrull did something to him that changed his personality or something to that effect, at some point off-screen in-between the first season and this season, but its also likely that the real Cap could be unconscious or held captive somewhere while an impostor roams around assuming his role. Still, he acted enough like the Cap we know in previous episodes which is why I think its possible that it may have just been something from off-screen that changed his behavior, but once again, I say this not knowing anything about the original comics and coming up with these ideas out of pure speculation.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Watched episode 4....shit just went down.

So, Captain Marvel is locked up, Earth is now the enemy of the Kree, and that Captain America impostor (I'm guessing its a Skrull) has just contacted his side about the arrival of the Kree. I can see things getting really intense from here on out.

Oh, and Ms. Marvel has just joined the team.

Avaitor

I finally saw episode 3, and I'm almost positive that Cap had next to no control of his actions in that ep. Look at when he stands up to a fallen Zemo- you see a shadow of the Skrull that takes his place.

Pretty sick stuff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched episode 5, and I have to say, this is the first time I found Hank Pym to be a really interesting character. I mean, he was decent in the Ultron 2-parter but he was still one of my least favorite Avengers on this show, but this episode really gave him some pretty good characterization, IMO. For an episode that didn't involve any of the other Avengers, this was still pretty good, and at least held my interest the entire way through.

Avaitor

I'm still a week behind of all my shows, but I just want to say that I really liked the Ant-Man episode. I was wondering when, or if, they'd bring in Scott Lang, and they did a great job with his origin here.

But the real highlight was Power Man and Iron Fist. I'd love to see them have their own show.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Such a shame that this show probably won't continue past this season. I've really been surprised at how well it turned out.

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 07, 2012, 08:14:33 PMBut the real highlight was Power Man and Iron Fist. I'd love to see them have their own show.
They technically do.

sigh....
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 08:19:11 PM
Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 07, 2012, 08:14:33 PMBut the real highlight was Power Man and Iron Fist. I'd love to see them have their own show.
They technically do.

sigh....
Besides USM, I mean.

Is it getting any better, BTW?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 07, 2012, 08:23:32 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 08:19:11 PM
They technically do.

sigh....
Besides USM, I mean.

Is it getting any better, BTW?
It's really not. Which is a real shame.

Taskmaster was alright, but he's been the only decent thing so far.

Avaitor

Yeah, I could tell that the show was a stinker when I saw that one of the episodes was named "Why I Hate Gym Class" or whatever.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 07, 2012, 08:27:31 PM
Yeah, I could tell that the show was a stinker when I saw that one of the episodes was named "Why I Hate Gym Class" or whatever.
That's the exact episode, too.

It's nothing but joke after joke with no rhyme or reason, there are so many obvious "this is a toy!" moments, and the plot doesn't really make a whole lot of sense half the time. It really doesn't have a soul to it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, the Ant-Man episode was great, and it finally got me to appreciate Hank Pym a lot more as a character. Its a shame that it was at the very time that he passed down the role of Ant-Man to Scott Lang. That said, I look forward to getting to know more about Scott Lang as the series progresses. His debut appearance in this series made him out to be a very likable character, IMO. I wonder how Wasp will react to him replacing Hank, though.