"Dr. No" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 18, 2012, 12:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Now...Meet the most extraordinary gentleman spy in all fiction...
JAMES BOND! Agent 007...

"I admire you courage. Miss...?"
"Trench. Silvia Trench. I admire your courage... Mr...?"
"Bond. James Bond.

Release Date: October 5, 1962
Studio: United Artists/Danjaq
Director: Terence Young
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Starring: Sean Connery, Ursula Andress, Joseph Wiseman, Jack Lord, Bernard Lee

Plot Summary: James Bond (007) is Britain's top agent and is on an exciting mission, to solve the mysterious murder of a fellow agent. The task sends him to Jamacia, where he joins forces with Quarrel and a loyal CIA agent, Felix Leiter. While dodging tarantulas, "fire breathing dragons" and a trio of assassins, known as the three blind mice. Bond meets up with the beautiful Honey Ryder and goes face to face with the evil Dr. No.

LD Talkback #178

Time to talk about that OTHER anniversary happening this year.

Avaitor

I was wondering if you were going to tackle this.

Dr. No set up the template for a lot of 007, but not all- we din't get to see Q's gadgets in development until Goldfinger, for example. I think they get better as they go along, but there is one thing going for the first that none of the others have been able to match- Ursula Andress' opening appearance.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

You know, I think the lack of gadgets, glitz, or even an opening song help Dr. No to an extent. It makes the film more low-key and concentrated in what it's about.

Daikun