What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

The script was certainly brilliant.

Sandpaper masturbation. Anal rape with barbed wire. Copious amounts of shit eating. Truly, Tom Six was channeling Kubrick when he wrote this excellent masterpiece.

Avaitor

Everyone who's seen it says that it's way more vile than the first. Since I thought that was pretty tame compared to the hype, I'm not sure what I'll think about it. Does sound interesting though.

Granted, I thought Precious was a ridiculously funny black comedy, so I'm probably just fucked up in general.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 14, 2012, 11:34:44 PM
Granted, I thought Precious was a ridiculously funny black comedy, so I'm probably just fucked up in general.
I said this on Twitter, but the label has no effect on what the genre is. Some sitcoms just happen to be effective dramas, and vice-versa.

Avaitor

I mean who doesn't find it hilarious when the mom yells "PRECIOUS, THIS PIGS FEET IS COLD! FIX THAT NASTY SHIT UP" or when Precious runs away with the fried chicken she ordered at that greasy diner?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

The first movie is exceedingly tame. Cringed once, thought two scenes were kind of gross.

The second one is sickening. Everything from the acting to the way it was filmed to the sound production to the close-ups of a morbidly obese man's penis to (of course) the special effects... very hard to watch. Though it's nothing compared to some other "films" (and I use that term loosely) I've seen.

Precious (Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire)... god I hate that title... was unintentionally funny the whole way through. Easily a better comedy than The Help (is that a comedy? it was advertised as one).

Avaitor

I just couldn't take it seriously at all, even if it was based on true events. It just seems like some chick got high while watching The Color Purple on TV and thought it'd make for a good story if she modernized that with elements of her own ghetto lifestyle, and wrote at least half of it stoned.

But yeah, idk if I'm going to see Human Centipede 2. Even though the first one didn't really shock me, watching it was hardly what I'd call a good time.

New blog!

Foggle

See it with some friends. That's the only reason I committed to watching either of them. ;)

Avaitor

Well, we do have bad movie night, although I supply most of the movies.

Highlights included Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Troll 2, Birdemic (which wouldn't even finish for us!), Garbage Pail Kids, and yes, The Room.

New blog!

Foggle

Avaitor

Oh, I tried Trash Humpers on them, but they couldn't even sit through 5 minutes of it.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 14, 2012, 11:52:46 PM
Oh, I tried Trash Humpers on them, but they couldn't even sit through 5 minutes of it.
Aw, why not? Trash Humpers is fucking art.

Foggle

What's Trash Humpers? It's not... what it sounds like... right?

Spark Of Spirit

I don't even know how you guys can watch these outside of something like MST3K. If I had to watch Space Mutiny without commentary, I'd probably OD on whatever pills I could find long before getting to the end.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on March 14, 2012, 11:59:12 PM
It is, sir. Oh, it is.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 14, 2012, 11:59:21 PM
I don't even know how you guys can watch these outside of something like MST3K. If I had to watch Space Mutiny without commentary, I'd probably OD on whatever pills I could find long before getting to the end.
That's why you watch them with other people! So you can make fun of them. ;D

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 14, 2012, 11:59:50 PM
Quote from: Foggle on March 14, 2012, 11:59:12 PM
It is, sir. Oh, it is.
:whuh: