What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Just saw Seven Psychopaths. Not anywhere near the level of In Bruges, but still damn good.

Commode

Watched That's My Boy.  Just one question, why is it in every one of his movies Adam Sandler has some stupid voice/accent?  Why can't he talk like a normal slacker piece of shit, I don't think it's that hard.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Comeau on October 16, 2012, 09:53:43 PM
Watched That's My Boy.  Just one question, why is it in every one of his movies Adam Sandler has some stupid voice/accent?  Why can't he talk like a normal slacker piece of shit, I don't think it's that hard.
Didn't he not do one in that 9/11 movie?

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 17, 2012, 12:17:46 AM
Quote from: Comeau on October 16, 2012, 09:53:43 PM
Didn't he not do one in that 9/11 movie?

Don't think he did it in Click, either.

Speaking of, that is still one of the weirdest movie viewing experiences I've ever had. Starts off as a standard Sandler romp, quickly disintegrates into a depressing, grimdark tale of being a bad father. Strange, strange movie.

Avaitor

I don't think he did it in Punch-Drunk Love.

Another strange flick.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched Return of the Living Dead. This is easily the funniest horror/comedy I've seen since Evil Dead II and An American Werewolf in London.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 17, 2012, 12:36:10 AM
I just watched Return of the Living Dead. This is easily the funniest horror/comedy I've seen since Evil Dead II and An American Werewolf in London.
The ambulance part is hysterical.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just saw The Host, which was a bit of an odd experience for me. I couldn't tell if it was trying to be a comedic take on a monster movie or a mostly straight-up serious, modern take on the genre. There are parts that are so ridiculous that they seem like they are meant to be funny, but then there are plenty of parts where they play things out straight-up serious, especially at the end of the film. I guess I'm going to have to assume that its an unintentionally over-the-top monster movie that is still entertaining but also unintentionally funny in a lot of places (at least to me).

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 17, 2012, 12:37:12 AM
The ambulance part is hysterical.

Which ambulance scene are you referring to in particular? Do you mean the whole series of events in which one ambulance came after another (which soon turned into police cars), with each new pair of paramedics or cops getting butchered by zombies, and then having one of the zombies get on the radio to request for more back-up? Because if so, then I totally agree, that shit had me laughing out loud.

I really do love Evil Dead 2 as a horror comedy, I thought Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were great too (well, I wouldn't call Shaun great but it was entertaining, though I really enjoyed Hot Fuzz), and American Werewolf was always my favorite of this particular genre (although, admittedly I haven't seen a lot of this particular breed of horror movies so I don't have the best of judgement), but this movie may have just surpassed all of these films for me in terms of being balls-out hilarious from start to finish.

Dr. Insomniac

I always thought The Host was a throwback to those cheesy Showa Godzilla movies though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, at times it certainly seems that way, but there are also a lot of scenes that play things out straight up serious and it feels like the movie has completely changed tone and turned into a different sort of film altogether. Its a really hard film for me to classify, but I can't deny that it managed to keep me entertained and interested the whole time, either way. Truth be told, though, it has more cheesy elements that serious ones, so intentional or not it works as a good throwback to old-school Toho monster movies.

Avaitor

I just found out that the hot chick from Pitch Perfect was Scott Pilgrim's sister. She was really good as her, but I'm still not interested in that movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Well, Scott Pilgrim's sister was also Bella's friend from Twilight, so it's not like her agent is good with choices.

Avaitor

True.

Also she was in ParaNorman, which I'm reminded that I really need to stop delaying that.

New blog!

No-Personality

Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7PtQh4gA8

Nightmares tonight are a safe bet.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...