What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on August 25, 2013, 04:45:52 PM
You don't remember Vicki Vale's name? You must not have read All-Star Batman & Robin.

This is something I've been really wanting to do, but I need to catch up on my Batman reading. :sweat:

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 25, 2013, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on August 25, 2013, 04:45:52 PM
You don't remember Vicki Vale's name? You must not have read All-Star Batman & Robin.

This is something I've been really wanting to do, but I need to catch up on my Batman reading. :sweat:

talonmalon333

What did I just read?

Quote from: Avaitor on August 25, 2013, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: Foggle on August 25, 2013, 02:19:31 PM
Really, just look at Returns as Tim Burton directing an episode of the 1960's Batman TV series, and you'll find a lot to like.
Sold!

I will say that I thought Anne Hathaway kicked ass. And who doesn't like Burgess Meredith or Eartha Kitt?

Anne Hathaway succeeded at shear hotness. But I don't remember Nolan doing much with her character at all.

Foggle

talonmalon333

I've seen that one before. "I'm the goddamn Batman" is so un-Batman like. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

The only thing I didn't like in Batman was that they made The Joker the one to kill Batman's parents. I never liked the idea of making one of the rogues gallery the one to kill his parents.

As for Returns, I still don't care for it. But then, I've never been one for Tim Burton outside of a handful of movies.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I think Burton's best movie is Ed Wood by far.

Avaitor

I was going to mention this somewhere else, but Corpse Bride is underrated as fuck.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on August 26, 2013, 03:43:32 PM
I was going to mention this somewhere else, but Corpse Bride is underrated as fuck.

This.

In all honestly, I like Corpse Bride just as much as A Nightmare Before Christmas.

talonmalon333

Just watched 30 minutes of Van Hellsing... I'm still a loss for words as to how I thought this movie was cool when I was a kid. The only redeeming feature is Hugh Jackman giving a good performance. Everything else is just horrid.

Avaitor

My stepmom's ex-son-in-law was Frankenstein in that movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I will forever hate that movie with a burning passion for pretty much ruining one of the most classic lines in cinema history from my favorite movie ever made.

Avaitor

Welp, I just saw the Wolverine. I honestly enjoyed it a lot. Granted, if you're sick of super hero movies, this won't blow you away or make you change your mind. But I had enough fun with it to not feel like I wasted my time.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, I forgot to mention that I saw it two weeks ago. It was a fun action movie.

Better than the first in any case.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I posted my thoughts on it a few weeks ago, but yeah, it didn't do much for me, personally.

Also, speaking of movies that we saw a while back and never talked about, I saw The Conjuring on the weekend of its release. Honestly, it's probably the best horror movie that I've seen from the past decade or so, which isn't necessarily saying too much considering how much garbage we got out of the last 10 - 15 years of horror flicks, but suffice it to say that I found the movie to be legitimately good. It didn't actually scare me, but the atmosphere was great, there was way less reliance on blood, gore, and shock value than you would expect, and the movie had a lot of legitimately tense and creepy moments to it. I also found the characters likable, so that's a big plus. It's certainly nothing groundbreaking, but it really made me feel relieved to see a really well-made modern horror movie after so many years.