What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No-Personality

Oops: forgot something. I hate to double-post but, you asked...

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 19, 2014, 03:53:30 PMI'd love some recommendation of all the versions of IotBS and "body horror", as I believe you called them.
Oh yeah, and, if you can track down Society (which can be a slippery bugger... and I'm not just talking about the mutant-orgy scenes), you might like to let that one blow your mind.

As for Body Snatchers, the only version I think I've caught to date was the 1978 film. Abel Ferrera's 1993 remake was on Netflix (Watch Instant) for awhile but I missed it.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

On the Waterfront was tonight.

Marlon Brando is great. All the casting in this movie is, really.

Avaitor

Well I finally saw a BP nominee for this year- Dallas Buyers Club

Maybe it's because he's owning it each week on True Detective, but I honestly don't see Matthew McConaughey's performance as award-worthy. Jared Leto's is another story, although I do agree that it would have been better if they got an actual trans person for the role.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

I'm currently chewing on Are You Lonesome Tonight? A 1992 made-for-TV "erotic" thriller which I've been utterly fascinated by since I was a kid. And which I'll probably watch a full once more before attempting to review it (I can't think of anything I can say which will do it justice: it's golden cheese with a little something beautiful as a cherry on top in the last 15-20 minutes).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

talonmalon333

We haven't done many movies within the last week or so. But we got back to it yesterday with Apocalypse Now.

I think I'll need to give this movie a rewatch sometime. There's a lot to take in from it. But how good it is goes without saying.

gunswordfist

I'm guessing your joke is as horrible as the movie is.

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

I watched Romancing the Stone and it's sequel.

Fun stuff.  :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Homura Akemi on March 10, 2014, 04:27:33 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on March 10, 2014, 03:28:23 AM
I'm guessing your joke is as horrible as the movie is.

That stings. But yeah, Carrie was pretty bland. It got to the point where I completely forgot she even had supernatural powers because the film itself forgets about it at times.
To be honest, of Stephen King's early stuff it has always been my least favorite.

It's also the only one that has received three movies.

Go figure.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The book is a very fascinating by the facts story, while the original film succeeds at straight horror, but what I've heard about the new movie isn't good.

I can see why. Chloe Moretz is too strong-minded of an actress to pull off a character like Carrie, and it's too obvious to take the story into a modern anti-bullying tale.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

The Treasure of Sierra Madre was tonight's movie.

The three guys, especially Humphrey Bogart, act their parts perfectly. And I think it really works that, in the end, the gold...

Spoiler
Is recklessly tossed into the wind as if it never meant anything, by people who didn't know any better.
[close]

Avaitor

I think Sierra Madre's my favorite Bogie movie besides Casablanca and maybe In a Lonely Place.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Besides Godzilla movies, what are the best monster movies?

Dr. Insomniac