What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2014, 03:23:16 PM
I heard Amazing 2 is lousy. Any other opinions?
I have a friend from Australia go see it, and she says that it's way better than the first, which she really liked.

I dunno, but with a free ticket, I'll give it a chance.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I haven't heard the greatest of things about ASM2. If I get a free ticket with my copy of SSM (once I manage to get it), I might see it for the heck of it, but otherwise I'm not sure I'll pay money to see it in theaters.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Where did you guys even hear this? The reviews up on RT so far are luke-warm to the movie, for the most part, but I haven't seen that many reviews that say it's downright bad.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

Mean Girls is on Netflix.  I know what I'm watching tonight.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

The 10th anniversary is in 3 days, y'no.

Oh, and I watched The Jerk today. That is so not a PC movie. I love it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

The Jerk is great.  Steve Martin used to be amazing.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I'm watching TASM now, and it's okay. Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben is perfect casting, though.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Steve Martin is still really funny. The problem is that he gets no projects anymore.

A lot like Eddie Murphy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Amazing Spider-Man was okay, technically better than the Raimi movies, technically not. Which is kind of what I was expecting.

I'll probably go to see the sequel with my freebie this weekend, but the Australian who already saw it spoiled it for me. :P Accidentally, but still.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2014, 07:13:31 PM
Steve Martin is still really funny. The problem is that he gets no projects anymore.

A lot like Eddie Murphy.

Beverly Hills Cop 4, man.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just saw TASM2, and despite the harsh reviews, I honestly really liked it. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who still feels to this day that people ridiculously overreact to the problems with SM3, and still feel that it's a good movie beneath its flaws, which people blow out of proportion.

This film definitely has flaws of its own, but honestly it has it's high points as well. The first TASM was consistent, but on that end it was consistently "alright," without ever having anything memorable about it. This movie has some stupid moments, to be sure, but it also has parts that I really found to be exciting and made the film worth watching. I'm not a hardcore comic book fan so I don't know if it did some of its iconic scene adaptations any justice from that perspective, but quite frankly I don't care, because they were well-done scenes from my perspective.

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be alone on this opinion, but I just don't get the critical backlash against this movie, myself.

Avaitor

Yeah, I just saw it myself, and it wasn't that bad, but I also wasn't in love with it. It sucks that they haven't been able to make a great Spider-Man movie though. Each of the films have had elements of greatness, but none of them have ever gone beyond being pretty good, while Batman, Superman and the X-Men have been able to make some fantastic movies of their own.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I still say there has never been a fantastic X-Men movie, unless Days Of The Future Past is great. My favorite is still the first film.

gunswordfist

My X-Men movie order:
1. X-Men 1
2. X-Men 3: The Last Stand
3. Wolverine: X-Men Origins
4. X-Men 2: X2