What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The action itself I didn't have a problem with. It's Superman, of course it's going to be over the top. My problem is that the action showed no regard for human life, which basically goes against everything that Superman stands for. Also, I hated the over-use of shaky-cam. That's one film trope that seriously needs to die.

Spark Of Spirit

A Superman movie should not be this hard to make. Seriously.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 13, 2014, 03:37:03 PMAlso, I hated the over-use of shaky-cam. That's one film trope that seriously needs to die.
There goes my last bit of interest in the film.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

At least we'll always have Superman I and II. True classics.

talonmalon333

Also, I just saw this on Yahoo, and figured that with the Man of Steel talk, it's a decent time to post this.

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/first-official--man-of-steel--sequel-photo-shows-ben-affleck-as-batman-and-his-batmobile-164749941.html

And here is a direct link to the image of Ben Affleck's Batman (image is a little too big to post here). https://s.yimg.com/os/publish-images/movies/2014-05-13/e7eb52c0-dabd-11e3-928d-790595b088b3_batmobile.jpg

It's interesting that the suit looks more like classic Batman, rather than the more armored suit in the Nolan movies. But the ears are kind of small. Better when they are just a little bit longer.

gunswordfist

I hate how he is hunched over. He looks chubby like that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

I think the costume designers had Gloomy Sunday playing nonstop while working on the suit.

Foggle

Watched Serenity again (after revisiting Firefly, of course) for the first time in maybe 5 years. I think it's still my favorite sci-fi action/adventure movie. :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a great genre film if you haven't seen the series, but it's a masterpiece to anyone who has seen the show. For a series that was cut down way too short, this film was the perfect send-off for it. I'd like to point out that I still feel the same concept applies to The Avengers, though, which was also directed by Whedon.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 14, 2014, 07:48:06 PM
It's a great genre film if you haven't seen the series, but it's a masterpiece to anyone who has seen the show. For a series that was cut down way too short, this film was the perfect send-off for it.
I support this notion 100%. :D

QuoteI'd like to point out that I still fell the same concept applies to The Avengers, though, which was also directed by Whedon.
I am sloooowly working my way through the MCU films in release order right now. (A lot more slowly than I'd like to.) I'm sure I'll appreciate The Avengers a lot more upon doing so. That, and I'm less depressed and more jovial now, so I'd probably like it more during a re-watch regardless.

gunswordfist

I wonder if Netflix has Iron Man 3 yet. except for Winter Soldier, IM3 is still the only MCU film I've yet to see
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Heads up- the recent Bill Watterson documentary, Dear Mr. Watterson, is available for both streaming and rental on Netflix come Sunday. :thumbup:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

So what's with people suddenly praising Michael Bay as an auteur? I've seen people unironically claim that Transformers 2 was a satire on modern racism, while also saying that Bay's films are more emotionally honest than any Marvel flick.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, X-Men DOFP has gotten really good reviews so far. I haven't been this pumped to see an X-Men film since the second film.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2014, 04:11:18 PM
So, X-Men DOFP has gotten really good reviews so far. I haven't been this pumped to see an X-Men film since the second film.
I sure hope it's good. First Class gave me new hope for the franchise.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I loved First Class and the first 2 X-Men films. It seems that this movie combines the best elements (and cast) of those movies, while simultaneously writing the shifty ones out of continuity.