What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Son of Rambow. Better than the original Rambo, actually.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't know, the original Rambo was a pretty good movie. :thinkin:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 04, 2011, 12:11:47 AM
Well, it's funnier at least.

Spark Of Spirit

Super 8 is super great!

Sorry!  :happytime:

This was seriously the type of movie it feels like I've been waiting to see for a long ass time, and it didn't disappoint.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Desensitized on July 04, 2011, 08:02:29 PM
Super 8 is super great!

This was seriously the type of movie it feels like I've been waiting to see for a long ass time, and it didn't disappoint.
It really is terrific. Definitely my favorite film so far this summer.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 04, 2011, 08:26:42 PM
Super 8 is super great!

It really is terrific. Definitely my favorite film so far this summer.
The thing that got me was just how well they nailed everything. Not too slow, not too fast, just the right amount of character development and action, good suspense and scares, and it really did feel like a mix of both Abrams' and Spielberg's strengths to give us exactly the type of film we've been missing lately.

I'm not really sure what's coming out this summer that could top it. Not to spoil it for anyone here, but if you haven't seen it, I suggest you do it while it's in theaters.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

ToonFaithful

Super 8 is super great!

Saw it a couple weeks ago, really good. It's my favorite movie this summer. Loved how the kids actually acted like kids. What did you think about the score by Michael Giacchino? Beautiful, right?

Just came back from Transformers 3, visuals were good, story was good. All I can say is that it was a whole, lot better from the second movie.

Foggle

Just finished watching Layer Cake. Excellent movie! Absolutely brilliant.

Angus

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 04, 2011, 12:18:24 AM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 04, 2011, 12:11:47 AM
Well, it's funnier at least.

First Blood or the 4th Rambo movie named Rambo?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: ToonFaithful on July 04, 2011, 09:15:41 PM
Super 8 is super great!

Saw it a couple weeks ago, really good. It's my favorite movie this summer. Loved how the kids actually acted like kids. What did you think about the score by Michael Giacchino? Beautiful, right?

Just came back from Transformers 3, visuals were good, story was good. All I can say is that it was a whole, lot better from the second movie.
The score was excellent. Normally scores don't always catch my attention unless they're really good because it honestly isn't my genre of music, but this one hit all the right notes at all the right moments. I even found myself taken aback by it at times. Great stuff.

Lord Dalek

Michael Giacchino is our greatest living film composer. They should give him an Oscar every year.

Kiddington

Green Lantern. Last week, to be exact.

Bawwwwwwwwww, I was sucked into that. Buddy of mine wanted to see it for whatever reason, and I had nothing better to do that day (figuring I could also use some good camp in my diet as well), so... yeah, went and seen it, and that's all she wrote.

Awful. Simply awful. Is there really anything I can say, at this point, that hasn't already been said? I could make some dumb joke about Ryan Reynolds career crashing down in flames, but I'd probably just be kicking the already dead and beaten horse with that. It's just... bad. So, so bad. And to think, all that wasted money. Take out the glam and glitz, and you can feed a third-world country for an entire decade on the money they spent here.

Unfortunately, the bad movie streak looks to continue this week; I've got Bayformers 3 on my plate tomorrow. And at some point, either this week or next, Cars 2 (which sounds quite awful, if Mater really does have as big a role as the critics bemoan). Guess I'm a masochist now or something.  :zonk:

Commode

I still don't think Cars 2 was that bad.  It was at least as good as the first one, if not a little better, and personally I'd rather watch either one of them again before watching any of the Transformers movies.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Transformers movies are shit but if I had to pick I'd easily watch that over Green Lantern. At least that one is probably a bit more entertaining with its mindless CG and bad acting.

I'm sure Cars 2 is the best of those 3 movies by default since its still Pixar, but I don't care, the first Cars was godawfully boring. I wouldn't even call the film bad or shit since there was clearly still a lot of effort put into making it and writing it, and it has some great voice acting going for it but....I honestly would prefer a shitty but somewhat mindlessly entertaining Transformers movie to something like Cars, which is undeniably better but....honestly puts me to sleep. That's just me, though.

Spark Of Spirit

If you guys haven't seen it and want a good movie, go see Super 8.

Most of the season outside of X-Men has been kinda crappy, but Super 8 was awesome.