What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I really don't care about Frozen, though. I was more into it when the film first came out, but even then, the problems in the film bugged me, and the handful of things that I do like about it hardly can make up for the unnecessary hype. I'm happy that Disney has a Lion King-sized hit again, but it's hardly on that level.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

It's Lion King sized? Man, I don't even know what it's about (don't tell me). I am way behind.

Avaitor

I watched The Imitation Game with my mom last night. It was a good movie, shot well and contained great performances from Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.

It's a pretty basic biopic though, almost completely by the books in terms of execution, primarily in direction. The script actually helped a little, since it's easy to tell how dedicated to the concept the writer was, especially after his riveting speech at the Oscars. It was probably among my lesser picks from this most recent Oscar's BP nominees, but it's still worth a watch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched El Mariachi since it was on Netflix. It's a good film, but I'm in the boat that just likes Desperado better for the less clumsy camera-work, far better action scenes, and overall better cast of actors. Also, because Quentin Tarantino gets shot in the head in that film, which is just fun to see. :>

Even though it was a disappointment, I still want to revisit OUATIM one of these days to see how I feel about it now, and just to complete the trilogy.

gunswordfist

Heh, OUATIM was only a disappointment after I saw Desperado, imo. I still need to see all of El Mariachi.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just re-watched The Dark Knight. Nolan's dialogue can be laughably over-stuffed and downright bad at times, and certain aspects of the plot don't make sense, but otherwise it's still one of the best films in the genre to date. It's probably my second favorite behind both Captain America movies, which tie for my favorite in the genre.

gunswordfist

I just finished watching Inception for the first time...while half asleep. I don't even really know what to say. Nolan's dialogue is certainly something at times. I don't know what though. lol

Foggle

I saw three Marvel movies I've been neglecting over the weekend: Howard the Duck, Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Howard was actually not that bad; if you removed the creepy ducktits and bestiality, it'd be a pretty fun 80's B-movie. Amazing 2 was weirdly uneven. It was like half of a really good movie pasted onto half of a really bad one. Also, some parts could have come straight out of Batman & Robin, which I loved.

gunswordfist

I watched Ong-Bak 3 yesterday. Um uh um. What the fuck at it becoming a supernatural kungfu movie. Tony Jaa had lightning from God strike someone. Seriously.

Quote from: Homura Akemi on May 04, 2015, 04:33:29 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2015, 04:32:26 PM
I saw three Marvel movies I've been neglecting over the weekend: Howard the Duck, Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Howard was actually not that bad; if you removed the creepy ducktits and bestiality, it'd be a pretty fun 80's B-movie. Amazing 2 was weirdly uneven. It was like half of a really good movie pasted onto half of a really bad one. Also, some parts could have come straight out of Batman & Robin, which I loved.

It's my birthday, time to light the candles.
Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Haaappppy birth-day!

Speaking of superhero movies, I just have trouble hating them. I liked Daredevil back in the day and watched some of Blade 3 a few months ago and liked what I saw. Spider-Man 3 is one of my least favorites but I don't really outright hate it. Just think it's below average and like Sam Raimi himself said, it had too many villains and Venom was out of place in it.

gunswordfist

Library copy of The Wolverine did not work. I'll be using putlocker for that instead.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched Nightcrawler. It's a well-made movie, and Jake Gyllenhaal's performance is outstanding. That said, much like Birdman, I respect the movie, but don't consider it a personal favorite. The lack of any likable characters to follow makes it the kind of film that I don't wish to revisit. It's a lot like an earlier Tarantino film in that way.

Avaitor

I still don't really agree with you on Tarantino's earlier films, but I do agree on Nightcrawler. Jake Gyllenhaal is great, but it doesn't click for me on a whole.

I'm probably going to see it again this fall though, since I'm in a class about television in film, and the professor did mention showing it as a possibility. So maybe it'll click for me this time.

New blog!

Foggle

True Romance had plenty of likable characters. Unless you consider that a Tony Scott film.

gunswordfist

I forgot he was the director on that. I love that movie's dialogue. Speaking on Tarantino, I still want to watch City Of Fire. :>