JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

I still don't think that they're going to cut out entire stories from Part 4.  That being said, David Pro has a bit of leeway early on, but they'll need to maintain a 4-5 chapter pacing in the coming episodes.

LumRanmaYasha

Considering the fact Antonio is in the opening and "Let's Go Out For Italian" would be the easiest thing to cut out of Part IV if they had to gut anything, I'm pretty sure they won't be skipping anything. They have to be stricter with the pacing from here on out, but it's perfectly doable. I expect the pacing will turn out somewhere along these lines:

Spoiler

6. Koichi Hirose's Echoes (ch. 284-288)
7. Toshikazu Hazamada's Surface (ch. 289-293)
8. Yukako Yamagishi Falls In Love! Part 1 (ch. 294-297)
9. Yukako Yamagishi Falls In Love! Part 2 (ch. 298-302)
10. Let's Go Out For Italian (ch. 303-306)
11. Red Hot Chili Pepper Part 1 (ch. 307-310)
12. Red Hot Chili Pepper Part 2 (ch. 311-314)
13. Picked Up Something Bad! (ch. 315-317)
14. Let's Go Play at the Mangaka's House Part 1 (ch. 318-320)
15. Let's Go Play at the Mangaka's House Part 2 (ch. 321-324)
16. Let's Go Hunting! (ch. 325-329)
17. Rohan Kishibe's Adventure (ch. 330-334)
18. Shigechi's Harvest Part 1 (ch. 335-337)
19. Shigechi's Harvest Part 2 (ch. 338-341)
20. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (ch. 342-347)
21. Yukako Yamagishi's Vision of Cinderella (ch. 348-353)
22. Sheer Heart Attack Part 1 (ch. 354-359)
23. Sheer Heart Attack Part 2 (ch. 358-364)
24. Atom Heart Father (ch. 365-369)
25. Janken Boy Is Coming! Part 1 (ch. 370-373)
26. Janken Boy Is Coming! Part 2 (ch. 374-377)
27. I Am an Alien! (ch. 378-383)
28. Highway Star Part 1 (ch. 384-387)
29. Highway Star Part 2 (ch. 388-391)
30. The Cat Likes Yoshikage Kira (ch. 392-397)
31. The Man on the Tower (ch. 398-403)
32. Enigma Boy (ch. 404-409)
33. My Dad Is Not My Dad (ch. 410-413)
34. Cheap Trick (ch. 414-417)
35. Another One Bites the Dust Part 1 (ch. 418-422)
36. Another One Bites the Dust Part 2 (ch. 423-427)
37. The Invincible Crazy Diamond Part 1 (ch. 428-431)
38. The Invincible Crazy Diamond Part 2 (ch. 432-435)
39. Goodbye, Morioh Town - The Golden Heart (ch. 436-439)

[close]

gunswordfist

Whoa didn't expect this episode to go in that direction.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I wasn't expecting it to start this strong out of the box, honestly. I can see why it is considered the best part by so many.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

You made me realize how hooked I am. It has start off strong fast.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And we haven't even been introduced to the main villain, yet!

It also helps that all of the main cast are extremely likable right from the start. One of my biggest problems with SC was that the only likable characters in the beginning were Joseph and Avdol, and Joseph was incredibly nerfed at that. It took some time for Kakyoin and Polnareff to grow on me, and even longer for me to really respect Jotaro as a character. And then there's Iggy, who even most hardcore JoJo's fans dislike. I'm not sure if Araki intentionally wrote them all to be ass-holes or if it was by accident, but for around the first half of SC, I had a rather difficult time relating to most characters.

With DiU, I find the characters very enjoyable from the get-go, and I felt more attached to the main three characters of this part of JoJo's more than any of the previous ones.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Koichi Hirose is one of my personal favorite JoJo's characters. As much as I love the delinquent archetype, I also love the timid characters who are actually incredibly tough when you push them into a corner. That, and his Stand is just plain cool. I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say that this episode only showcased what his Stand could do with the kid gloves on.

Spark Of Spirit

Guess I should have mentioned that Koichi stepping up was a completely unexpected and entirely welcome moment. If this is only the tip of the iceberg with his stand, I can't imagine what else it could do.

Really interesting to see Super Saiyan 2 Gohan with a Cell stand, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've always thought of his Stand as being similar to a Digimon, but now that I think about it, the Cell analogy works pretty good as well.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Another thing that this does better than Stardust Crusaders is how it handles the comradery between characters. I got a much better sense of teamwork between Josuke and Koichi in this episode than in any fight from SC except for the battles with Vanilla Ice and DIO.

Also, nice touch showing a brief little scene establishing Yukako's crush on Koichi before the next episode.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have a feeling that Araki took some inspiration from Misery in addition to crazy stalker girl urban legends for this part. I love that it's someone as unpopular as Koichi who gets stuck in the middle of it. :D

Spark Of Spirit

This part is definitely aiming at becoming my favorite one.

gunswordfist

That Prince pop quiz question was timed well!

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, they aren't keeping this remix opening, are they? Because the original was way better.

In related news, I'm really enjoying this part.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I wonder if they will just keep changing it up every several episodes or so. It's quite odd, as I don't really see any sort of story-related reason for the remix to happen.

I love how Koichi's Stand basically functions like a Digimon. I mean, think about it: it hatches from an egg, has multiple tiers/levels/forms, and gets more powerful abilities each time, but can still revert back to its base form at the end. Being able to make sound effects come to life and affect the environment is by far one of the coolest and most creative abilities that I've ever seen in all of fiction.

And next episode is the Italian Food one. That's a personal favorite of mine, so I can't wait to see how the anime handles it.