What's This? What's This?

Started by Avaitor, December 25, 2011, 04:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I got a bunch of classic books (Dickens, C.S. Lewis, and Austen), Rocko season 3, Epic Mickey 3DS, Tank Tank Tank (because I didn't want to pay full price for it, so this was appreciated), and Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U. Also got a point card for the eshop.

I really appreciated the gifts, but I was glad that everyone else seemed to get what they wanted, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Classics, but no Tolstoy? Bollocks. :P

Here's my family haul-

How I Met Your Mother Seasons 5 & 6
The Wire Season 1
The 400 Blows Criterion Blu-Ray
Epic Mickey 2 for the Wii
A bunch of various shirts- highlights include this shirt I've shown earlier, a Walter White as Heisenberg T, and an Iron Man one
Darth Vader pajama bottoms
A camera I got earlier
And a Gateway laptop, which I may or may not set up later today

oh, plus a $20 Wii card and a flashlight for my truck
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Merry Christmas, folks!

I haven't gotten much so far. Didn't really ask for anything. I got some clothes. And my brother gave me Parasite Eve, a PS1 game that I just never got around to. I also got $60, which I'll use to get a gift for myself. Might get a bit more when I see relatives tonight, but I'm fine for now.

Also, for the season, I feel like posting my favorite Christmas specials. I will not be counting movies though, that would be fit for another list altogether.

1. The Spirit of Christmas
2. The Snowman
3. Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
4. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Kiddington

...kay, here we go:

Games

-Nintendo 3DS (with five games; Super Mario 3D Land, NSMB2, Zelda: OoT 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Paper Mario Sticker Star)
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Sonic Generations (YES GUYS I FINALLY HAVE IT)
-Madden NFL 13 (I wanted this one, actually; Lions fan, Calvin Johnson on the cover... needed for obvious collectable reasons)
-NHL 13
-Mega Man X for SNES (surprise from my brother; pretty cool since I didn't have this one yet)

DVDs/Movies

-Breaking Bad - Seasons 1-4
-The Avengers (Blu-Ray)
-The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-Ray)
-The X-Files - Season 1 (been wanting to start my collection on this show for ages; one down, eight to go!)
-The X-Files: Fight the Future

Other stuff

-Gift cards (Target, Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop)
-Money
-Candy
-Clothes

There might be some other smaller stuff I'm forgetting, but all in all, this is the gist of it. So yeah, a pretty great Christmas.

Daikun

Here's my loot...

Books:

-Catching Fire and Mockingjay (now I have the entire Hunger Games trilogy)
-Every Day is an Atheist Holiday by Penn Jillette
-Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales Collection

Food/Candy:

-M&M's White Peppermint
-Ghirardelli Assorted Holiday Pack (everyone got these)
-Mulling Spices
-Chocolate Sunflower Seeds
-Trader Joe's Chocolate Orange Jelly Sticks
-White Ginger Pear Tea

Other:

-Miles Davis CD: "Kind of Blue"
-New winter pants

Commode

I got the gift of being tech support for my mother because she gave my bro a brand new iPod Touch, but neither her nor my brother knew how to use it.

Also, just about everything I got I had to buy myself with their money, since I wasn't with my family this year(except Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, which my grandmother gave me when I was home just over a month ago).  Lets see, the things I bought myself with my family's money includes:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!!!
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Persona 4 Arena
Jak and Daxter HD collection
Epic Mickey 2 for Wii
The three foreign editions of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movies on blu ray(mentioned these the other day), as well as the three books
The Dark Knight trilogy on blu ray(still haven't seen Rises)
The Simpsons season 15

And my grandparents sent me a care package that I got yesterday with a bunch of food and candy.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

My cousin got me a Mega Man hat, fucking awesome.

Spark Of Spirit

Nice haul, guys

Quote from: Avaitor on December 25, 2012, 10:11:28 AM
Classics, but no Tolstoy? Bollocks. :P
Well, it was a bit scattershot. Some classic apologetics (Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, for example), a collection of Jane Austen's novels, and some random Dickens like A Tale Of Two Cities. I pretty much just told them to get any classic they could think of and I ended up pleasantly surprised with what they thought of for me.

And I'm pretty sure the segment on Fish N' Chumps on season 3 of Rocko bonus feature is a question I sent in. So that was cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

The only things I got this year are New Super Mario Bros. U, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I'm apparently supposed to get more stuff in January though.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I got socks, just like I wanted. Yay.

I guess I technically got a WiiU too, but as I'm usually away at college and I barely have any interest in it at the moment so I don't really consider it one. My siblings love it already.

No-Personality

I made out like a bandit:

And, there are 4 missing from that stock (I spaced, I'll take a photo of the missing 4 later). And $50, which I haven't decided how I'll spend yet, and some junk food (literal junk food, not candy like people normally get- I've sworn off that for weird health reasons).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Oh wow, a LOT of good live-action Disney stuff in there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

:huh:

Wow, that is quite the collection.

No-Personality

Yeah, I feel bad for all those poor schmoes who only ask for clothes.     :devil:

Quote from: Avaitor on December 26, 2012, 05:35:07 PMOh wow, a LOT of good live-action Disney stuff in there.
Can you tell what all the ones underneath the Pollyanna row are?

There are still actually about 8 I haven't seen yet. Watched The Boatniks, That Darn Cat, and Shaggy D.A. yesterday night and this morning.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 26, 2012, 05:35:59 PM:huh:

Wow, that is quite the collection.
Yeah- I only had 3 Disney live-action films so my friends decided to fix that.    ;D

The missing 4 (and a cat).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on December 26, 2012, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 26, 2012, 05:35:07 PMOh wow, a LOT of good live-action Disney stuff in there.
Can you tell what all the ones underneath the Pollyanna row are?
Under Pollyanna? Well, you have another picture with a clearer image of all of those movies, so it's easier to. ;)

New blog!