What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, here's my first look at your favorite show, ShadlowGentleman.

The Shadow Gentleman

:happytime:

Fun Fact: The first episode was originally produced as a 10 segment miniseries. For what ever reason they decided to just put them together into a single episode.

And don't worry, you'll find out more about some of the supporting characters as time goes on.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I might just do The Renegade as one entry since its a 2-parter, but in that case it may take me until tomorrow night to get my entry done for it.

LumRanmaYasha

After THREE fucking years of me putting it off, I FINALLY sat down and watched the Totally Spies! movie, literally the oldest recording I still have in my DVR. And you know what, it was pretty fun, and really funny at times, genuinely.

Like, the concept and plot made no real damn sense and the voice acting was a little annoying here and there, but the animation and pacing was pretty fast-paced and energetic and, really, the movie ended up so purely fun for me that the stupid moments added to the charm rather than hindered it. Made me a little nostalgic seeing the characters and pure ridiculousness that made the series so fun again, really, although I was a tad disappointed the movie was an origin story.

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to that sixth season whenever it's coming, now. Heck, I might even try and schedule a rewatch of the series at some point too. Yeah it's got repetitive elements and stories and whatnot in it's run, but the movie proves more than anything that the series, at it's best, is really quite a lot of fun.  :)

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Man, I wish I could like Marathon's stuff. The character designs are always nice, and the elements of their show seem very reminiscent of old Hanna-Barbara cartoons, but there's always something off about them. I can never quite put my finger on it either.

I also wish Team Galaxy had lasted longer on CN.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, the only Marathon show that I've seen that I've really enjoyed is Totally Spies, although I did like Martin Mystery when it was on too. The only "off" thing about Totally Spies for me is the voice acting, which is sometimes too over the top and cartoony, making it a little annoying to listen to at parts. Other than that, though, the gags and characters themselves were always a lot of fun, so I've always managed to enjoy it. I can definitely see why some people might get turned off by it, though, especially since the series was a bit repetitive if I remember correctly.

Avaitor

Apparently WalMart has season 1 of Frisky Dingo for $5.

For that price, I'd be willing to give the show another chance.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

If you like Archer, you probably should.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Shout! has obtained the rights to Transformers Animated and may or may not be doing a complete series set.

If my money's in a good place, I'll be giving the show a deserved rewatch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Today I watched Zuko Alone for the first time in probably years. It's even better than I remembered and had even more of an emotional impact on me than before and both of this really says something.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

So I'm currently watching Avengers Assemble. Assuming this is suppose to be season 2 to EMH? From what I remember of EMH, the action/animation (although, looked fairly quirky) is top notch. While the action in Avengers Assemble is not on par with EMH, I do think it's still better than some. I will also say that it's keeping me fairly entertained as well.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Grave on September 01, 2013, 11:02:59 AM
So I'm currently watching Avengers Assemble. Assuming this is suppose to be season 2 to EMH?
It's a different show, actually.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes already had 2 seasons of its own. There was some talk from the producers of Avengers Assemble that it might be a sequel to EMH, but none of that came to fruition, and instead this show is completely unrelated to AEMH as it does not match up at all with its continuity, whatsoever.

Grave

Wow, really? I really need to watch the rest of EMHs then. I assumed it was the 2nd season mainly because I'm hearing the same voices.

Dr. Insomniac

It's a different cast with very few shared between the two shows.