Super Mario Series

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 13, 2011, 07:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

New update includes skewers, keys, and a Super Expert mode!

Those are awesome additions, even if they're not new themes. I've been dying for keys and skewers!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Nel_Annette

I've been wanting skewers and keys so damn bad. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's a video for the new update.

Making the new coins unlock a key is such a good choice. It's like the dragon, red, and star coins, are all back at once.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Already the ideas flow. Imagine a level where the skewers are slowly ripping apart the layers of block under you, and you have to find the red coins before they reach you. Yes... yeeessssss...

Spark Of Spirit

I made a few levels with skewers already. They really are fun to use.

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

The reason they were probably deleted was because they either used some glitches which made the levels impossible to beat after an update or because the levels were getting no stars and had a ton of plays. Them randomly deleting levels at this point doesn't make much sense, especially when the user can just immediately re-upload them.

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 15, 2016, 08:32:35 PMThem randomly deleting levels at this point doesn't make much sense, especially when the user can just immediately re-upload them.

That's the thing: They can't. They'd have to remake the whole level from scratch, which could take hours.

Also, the deleted level in question was already played and got a star, yet was barely up for an hour before it was taken down.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on March 15, 2016, 09:16:25 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 15, 2016, 08:32:35 PMThem randomly deleting levels at this point doesn't make much sense, especially when the user can just immediately re-upload them.

That's the thing: They can't. They'd have to remake the whole level from scratch, which could take hours.

Also, the deleted level in question was already played and got a star, yet was barely up for an hour before it was taken down.
That would mean they would have to delete the user's level off their system as well as the version online. That seems really odd for them to do unless its some odd fluke or something vile like that "Escape the September 11th Attacks" level I played. A random level must be a mistake or glitch.

Foggle

I finally uploaded a new level! I hope you'll find it enjoyable. :)

I also finally beat all of your uploads, Spark. Now to play Nel's... :D

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, thanks for toughing through 54 levels. I hope they weren't too easy.

Foggle

I had fun! Most of them were just the right level of difficulty I'd say, though a few were definitely a bit evil (Dangerous Dig, Automatic Underground, the ones where you have to make Bowser break the floor). Some of your stages had some really brilliant gimmicks I never would have thought of myself. :im_nabeshin:

Nel_Annette

Always count on me hiding hidden blocks at the start and midpoint of a level, Spark. For cheesing it.  :D