Municipal Forces Daitenzin

Started by Bahlskra, July 23, 2018, 07:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahlskra

Hello everyone, I've been searching for a english version of "Municipal Forces Daitenzin" all day and finally I've found one on your old website : http://excelold.animationrevelation.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=614bd6c2af9cf061abb6357d306fb5a4&topic=1237.0

Sadly all the links are dead and nobody seem to have uploaded it elsewhere, so I registered here to ask if someone still has it on his computer and would be kind enough to share it with me. I know that it's just a doujin, but I like Rikudou Koushi works so much that I want to read whatever I can

Thanks guys

MoFried

I also registered to ask the same question! lol
I own the first 10 volumes of Excel Saga (plus volume 15), but I'd like to quickly read through the OG series before taking the plunge.

VLordGTZ

I'd assume Foggle still has it since he seems to be the one that uploaded it in the first place.  Try DMing him on here if he doesn't notice this thread (he's still online fairly regularly).

MoFried

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 26, 2018, 10:19:56 PM
I'd assume Foggle still has it since he seems to be the one that uploaded it in the first place.  Try DMing him on here if he doesn't notice this thread (he's still online fairly regularly).

Can't believe I didn't notice that.
Will do, thanks!

@OP If I'm able to aquire the goods, I'll make sure you get them as well.

Foggle

I might have it buried somewhere in my files, I just got a new computer and my stuff isn't really sorted right now. I want to clarify first though that it's not a real translation and neither of us actually speak Japanese. This was a joke thing we worked on for fun and writing practice back when I was a teenager. The old Excel Saga Forum was a tight knit community and I didn't clarify it was a rewrite when I posted that thread because everyone already knew what we were on about beforehand. I would also love to see a proper translation of Daitenzin but I feel like it will, unfortunately, never happen. Your best bet is probably to hire one of those groups that translates hentai (which this is, by the way) to do it for you, but a lot of them seem to return dodgy results so it might be a little difficult to find one capable of maintaining Rikdo's humor and writing style.

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I know this isn't what you wanted to see. I would like to thank you for taking the time to register here, so even if you don't stick around (which I'd understand), welcome to the forum!

Bahlskra

@MoFried : Thanks for taking the time to answer me

Like you said I didn't know that it was a inside joke, but I have absolutely no problem with that. Also sorry for not sticking around and just coming here to ask something, I'm not really a forum guy anymore

Thanks again and good luck in the future, you have a really good community on this forum

MoFried

Quote from: Foggle on July 28, 2018, 12:02:53 PM
I might have it buried somewhere in my files, I just got a new computer and my stuff isn't really sorted right now. I want to clarify first though that it's not a real translation and neither of us actually speak Japanese. This was a joke thing we worked on for fun and writing practice back when I was a teenager. The old Excel Saga Forum was a tight knit community and I didn't clarify it was a rewrite when I posted that thread because everyone already knew what we were on about beforehand. I would also love to see a proper translation of Daitenzin but I feel like it will, unfortunately, never happen. Your best bet is probably to hire one of those groups that translates hentai (which this is, by the way) to do it for you, but a lot of them seem to return dodgy results so it might be a little difficult to find one capable of maintaining Rikdo's humor and writing style.

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I know this isn't what you wanted to see. I would like to thank you for taking the time to register here, so even if you don't stick around (which I'd understand), welcome to the forum!

No problem!
I may try submitting requests to a bunch of scanlation groups in hopes of getting it in the future, or possibly commissioning a chapter or two (though for that, I'd need raws; would you happen to still have those?).
I asked Duomaxwe (through reddit) about his physical Daitenzin copies, but he said they were in Japanese, so no luck there.

For now, I guess I can go ahead and start my Excel Saga journey!
I'll consider spamming the Excel Saga forum a bit in the future, even if I'm the only one there. :e_hail:
This is a nice place and I would've enjoyed being around in the pre-volume 27 days.

Quote from: Bahlskra on July 29, 2018, 04:31:38 AM
@MoFried : Thanks for taking the time to answer me

Of course!

Foggle

Sorry for the late reply. If you still haven't found a raw of Daitenzin online let me know and I'll hit you up. :)

Quote from: MoFried on August 07, 2018, 10:58:49 PM
For now, I guess I can go ahead and start my Excel Saga journey!
I'll consider spamming the Excel Saga forum a bit in the future, even if I'm the only one there. :e_hail:
That would make me very happy! :el_hail:

Micki!

Okay mega late reply but i'd love to see it translated, in fact if any help is needed to capture an authentic likeness of the characters, i Know Foggle would be ready to do this!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

MoFried

Quote from: Micki! on November 06, 2018, 05:41:03 AM
Okay mega late reply but i'd love to see it translated, in fact if any help is needed to capture an authentic likeness of the characters, i Know Foggle would be ready to do this!
If it ain't the OG himself!

I bought a Japanese copy of Daitenzin not too long ago. Sure enough, it's full of plots.