Horror

Started by Avaitor, February 07, 2011, 02:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I thought of a neat little discussion idea. Let's compile a list of 31 great horror films for each day of the month of October, and if there are any on the list that you haven't seen, try to make it a goal to view those by Halloween. If not, then it could still at least be interesting to generate a decent discussion for the films that you have seen on their respective day.

If not that, then I'll just select a random film each day of the month myself, and see if anyone else wants to discuss it with me.

And if not even that, then I'll just haunt you all in your sleep....:humhumhum:

Foggle

I really only know horror comedies, unfortunately. :blush: Unless those count. I never really got into horror cinema like I did horror video games.

I nominate Scream for October 1st! I just finished watching it again with my girlfriend. Hilarious film.

Spark Of Spirit

I nominate An American Werewolf in London.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on September 26, 2014, 12:27:33 AM
I really only know horror comedies, unfortunately. :blush: Unless those count. I never really got into horror cinema like I did horror video games.

They do count. My favorite horror movie of all time is a horror comedy called An American Werewolf in London. A film that some of us have practically been begging you to watch for ages. ;)

QuoteI nominate Scream for October 1st! I just finished watching it again with my girlfriend. Hilarious film.

Done! And I agree!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1st: Scream
2nd: An American Werewolf in London
3rd: The Thing (1982)
4th: The Shining
5th: The Evil Dead Trilogy
6th: Return of the Living Dead
7th: American Psycho
8th: Cemetery Man
9th: Happiness of the Katakuris
10th: Shaun of the Dead

Keep 'em coming people!

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 26, 2014, 12:36:11 AM
They do count. My favorite horror movie of all time is a horror comedy called An American Werewolf in London. A film that some of us have practically been begging you to watch for ages. ;)
Fuuuuck, I keep forgetting. It's actually rare for me to watch films these days except with my friends. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO DO SO THIS WEEKEND

talonmalon333

So should we aim to nominate movies people haven't seen?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd actually prefer mostly more recognizable entries to encourage more discussion, but I also encourage a few more obscure ones in there just to expose people to some new stuff.

For now I'm limiting nominations to 4 per person, but depending on how many people nominate, I may extend that if we don't have enough entries.

Foggle

Good choices so far! I would like to also nominate

American Psycho
Cemetery Man
Happiness of the Katakuris

Hopefully someone else will pick Shaun of the Dead for me. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I went ahead and threw you a bone because I figured it was a worthy entry, regardless. I'm still sticking to my 4 per person rule for everything else, though. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Also, feel free to nominate an entire series if you have more than one entry from it that you want to talk about it, hence The Evil Dead trilogy that I nominated.

In other words, I'm counting on one of you guys to remember to nominate Night, Dawn, and Day. :humhumhum:

::EDIT::

Oh, and Alien. Somebody please remember that one!

Spark Of Spirit

The Exorcist
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original)
Poltergeist
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

11th: The Exorcist
12th: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original)
13th: Poltergeist

talonmalon333

I'm picking a few that I'm a fan enough that should be known at least to a certain extent (but not necessarily the most recognizable, and my first choice is a bit more obscure than the rest).

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979 remake)
Ring
Bride of Frankenstein
Alien

I was going to list Black Christmas to encourage more people to watch it. However, that's a required December watching, not an October one. So you guys should get around to watching that movie in the Christmas season. :P