Horror

Started by Avaitor, February 07, 2011, 02:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on September 08, 2015, 07:58:18 PMI'll nominate Mario Bava's Black Sabbath. Preferably on a date closer to Halloween.

Noted. Let me know if you can think of two more movies. ;)

And get your ass to picking some movies, Desensitized/Spark!

Spark Of Spirit

Problem is the ones I want to list aren't easily available. Like The Devil Rides Out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 08, 2015, 07:53:24 PM
It especially doesn't work with this movie because the ending we got is a huge plothole that contradicts the means he was defeated.
Sort of like how they went out of their way to kill the Dream Warriors in part 4.

So, what was the point of part 3, then?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, not easy to watch legally, anyways. :sly:

But there aren't any other more commonly available Halloween-appropriate movies that you had in mind? Remember, you don't strictly have to stick to pure horror.

I can still think of a bunch that I like, myself, that qualify:

David Cronenberg's The Fly (more Sci-Fi than horror, but it still fits)
Night of the Creeps
The Others
Beetlejuice (Fits the Halloween theme)
28 Days Later
The Conjuring
Insidious
Sinister
The Sixth Sense
Signs
Gremlins/New Batch (once again, it fits the theme)
Rosemary's Baby

And that's just off the top of my head.

I'm sure that you could think of a few still not nominated that are easier to find, though I'd still accept your more obscure picks, as well.

Rynnec

Picked this one on a whim, but in honor of Christopher Lee, I'll nominate City of the Dead/Horror Hotel.

And if Spark has nothing, and if we're going with "Halloween appropriate" rather than full on horror, then I'll nominate Blade and Blade II.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 08, 2015, 08:25:36 PM
It especially doesn't work with this movie because the ending we got is a huge plothole that contradicts the means he was defeated.
Sort of like how they went out of their way to kill the Dream Warriors in part 4.

So, what was the point of part 3, then?

According to the producers, the point of it was money. But I like that Craven legitimately tried to being back dignity to the series and end it with 3. That was one of two sequels in this series that was actually good.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 08, 2015, 08:40:19 PM
Rosemary's Baby

How on earth did I not nominate this movie last year?

Spark Of Spirit

The Devil Rides Out
Deliver Us From Evil (2014)
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
The Mummy (1959)
Abbott & Costello Meet the Invisible Man

That should be enough, I think.

I almost said An American Werewolf in Paris, but I decided not to be a jerk.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, actually there us a 3 film per person limit in place for right now. :sweat:

Could you pick the three out of those that you want to be included the most? If not enough people pick anymore movies within a week of October, then I'll include anyone else's extra picks, including yours. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 08, 2015, 08:40:19 PMRosemary's Baby

How on earth did I not nominate this movie last year?

You didn't nominate it this year, either. :>

Spark Of Spirit

Alright, I'll pick the first three, then.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

BTW, Rynnec, I forgot to mention the three film limit to you as well. You picked two horror films and two Blade films. I can include all of those except for one (at the moment). Which three do you prefer?

Foggle

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
The Happiness of the Katakuris
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein

:)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on September 09, 2015, 12:54:51 AM
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
The Happiness of the Katakuris
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein

:)

Good choices! :thumbup:

I love AACMF. It reminds me that I need to see more of their stuff as well, including AAMTIM, which Spark brought up earlier.

Foggle

Thanks! AACMF is one of my all-time favorite films. I used to watch it over and over when I was little. :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was one of my first introductions to the fine art of horror spoofs, as well as parodies in general.

I'm glad to have an excuse to re-watch it, soon.