Started by ToonFaithful, August 17, 2011, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToonFaithful

"It's not the House that's Haunted."

Release Date: April 1st, 2011
Studio: FilmDistrict
Director: James Wan
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Starring: Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Ty Simpkins, Lin Shaye, Angus Sampson, Barbara Hershey

Plot Synopsis: A gripping story of a family in search of help for their son, Dalton, who fell into a mysterious coma on one ordinary morning. Little do they know that there is much more to this endless sleep than meets the eye as they explore the paranormal, and rediscover the past; the key to getting their son back once and for all.

Comments?

Kiddington

Not to nitpick here, but you probably should make this a poll; Dalek and Avaitor's talkbacks are always done as such, and this is considered the general blueprint. Also, not sure if it's just me, but your picture/movie poster isn't showing up; all I'm getting is a red X.

...anyway, I caught this one fairly recently... and the ending bothers me. I mean, how the hell did Patrick Wilson's character get played by the old women ghost so easily? All he had to do was run back into the next room! Why does he go off into the bathroom, and how does she beat him back to possess his body like this, without him even putting up a fight?

Eh, it bugs me. I know the formula in horror nowadays is to keep the endings as unhappy as possible, but still; the way they handled it just pisses me off.

ToonFaithful

Quote from: Kiddington on August 17, 2011, 10:33:21 PM
Not to nitpick here, but you probably should make this a poll; Dalek and Avaitor's talkbacks are always done as such, and this is considered the general blueprint. Also, not sure if it's just me, but your picture/movie poster isn't showing up; all I'm getting is a red X.
Added a poll, happy now Kiddington?