"Amadeus" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, February 20, 2012, 06:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

"I heard the music of true forgiveness filling the theater, conferring on all who sat there, perfect absolution. God was singing through this little man to all the world, unstoppable, making my defeat more bitter with every passing bar. "

Release Date: September 19, 1984
Studio: Warner
Director: Milos Forman
Aspect Ratio: 2.20 : 1
Starring: F. Murray Abraham, Tom Hulce, Elizabeth Berridge

Plot Summary: Antonio Salieri believes that Mozart's music is divine. He wishes he was himself as good a musician as Mozart so that he can praise the Lord through composing. But he can't understand why God favored Mozart, such a vulgar creature, to be his instrument. Salieri's envy has made him an enemy of God whose greatness was evident in Mozart. He is set to take revenge.

COMMENTS?

Since it's Oscar season, I figured that I should pull out a talkback for one of my favorite BP winners. As a lover of music, it's such a powerful story, based on one of the true geniuses in history.

Also, it's airing tonight on TCM at midnight, if you haven't seen it before.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit

Poor Salieri.

But yeah, I really liked this one when I saw it ages ago.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Just for the record, the historical relationship between Mozart and Salieri wasn't nearly as strained as the original play and movie depict it.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on February 20, 2012, 07:20:05 PM
Just for the record, the historical relationship between Mozart and Salieri wasn't nearly as strained as the original play and movie depict it.
I absolve you.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek