Ultimate Spider-Man

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 25, 2012, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldstar

So this week's episode of Ultimate Spider Man was basically the producers' way of getting Spider Ham on TV, albeit indirectly (with Peter getting turned into a pig instead of opening a portal to another dimension). I think that the USM stories might work better as 11 minute shorts. Wall-to-wall "I'm a pig!", "You're a pig!" "He's a pig!" jokes might be amusing for 5-10 minutes, but for a full half hour is a tad much.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

GregX

Man of Action did Adam Carrola's podcast and apparently Joe Quesada flat out said to them: "I want a show that appeals to kids and only to kids. Not something that only appeals to forty-year-old white guys who read comics."

Joe, last I checked, SSM did very well with its target demographic. And, unlike this show, it was genuinely funny too.

Spark Of Spirit

Joe Quesada doesn't seem to like comic readers very much either. Especially after seeing his version of them in that Linkara review.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So did anyone finish watching this season? I really can't get myself interested in doing so, but I was curious if anyone here managed to tough it out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Silverstar

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 21, 2012, 08:39:49 PM
So did anyone finish watching this season? I really can't get myself interested in doing so, but I was curious if anyone here managed to tough it out.

I saw most of the episodes up to the finale with Green Goblin. I missed that one, but by that time I just couldn't take it anymore.

I find USM to be utter garbage, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed The Super Hero Squad Show.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The show is on Netflix now, shall I put myself through it?

Can it really be worse than Spider-Man Unlimited?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on December 30, 2012, 11:43:58 PM
The show is on Netflix now, shall I put myself through it?

Can it really be worse than Spider-Man Unlimited?
Yes.

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

You know Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends? Imagine a show full that wants to be handled the same way as that, but without the fun or camp, as written by the staff of The Cleveland Show.

Add in some pointless hero worship for the Avengers, gross character inaccuracies, and gruesome animation, and this is what you end up with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

hobbyfan

I tried to watch this show. My bro tipped me on the fact that it was a pure suckfest, and he was right. Drake Bell voices Spidey, and he's fine, but the format blows several chunks.

@Avaitor: I'd amend your statement about the writing and suggest it was written by WWE rejects. To say that it was written by the guys on The Cleveland Show would be an insult. To The Cleveland Show, not that I'd actually cop to watching, 'cause I don't watch it, but I can think of worse writing.

The Shadow Gentleman

I saw the first two or so minutes of an episode that came on after the season final for Tron Uprising. Stayed long enough to witness a cut away gag.

:shit:

Spark Of Spirit

So it's business as usual.

Avaitor

You know a show is shit when the AV Club drops it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 30, 2013, 08:10:53 PM
So it's business as usual.
Pretty much, yeah.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 30, 2013, 08:14:09 PM
You know a show is shit when the AV Club drops it.

I don't think there's any low this show could sink to that it hasn't hit already.

Yet it continues to surprise...

Dr. Insomniac

I just watched an episode that implied a relationship between Jeph Loeb's son and Aunt May.