Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 03, 2016, 08:40:30 PMI just hope that Capcom doesn't Capcom this game like it did with SFV.

The whopping....4 characters that we saw in this trailer will be the only 4 in the entire game on launch. The other 40+ will all be DLC, with separate DLC for each alternate color/costume/skin. Either that or you have to win 50,000 matches per character to unlock just one piece of their palette swaps instead of paying for it. Get ready to buy those $200 season passes, everyone!

Mustang

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 03, 2016, 08:40:30 PM
I just hope that Capcom doesn't Capcom this game like it did with SFV.

Agreed. Here I am singing praises about how fun SF5 is and then turn around trying to get others involved (got a full house today) and we can't get access to the 2nd controller... Simple shit that Capcom used to be able to do, how the hell did they screw this up this badly.... (That's the thought currently going through my mind) It's like they got people that're well known from the FGC involved and it just rolled down hill from there.

Anyway Garou: Mark of the Wolves is coming to PS4 and PSV. I believe it was Dr. Ensatsu-Ken telling me I should try this game out, and now I'll get the chance. Hopefully there will be some kind of online scene because KoF14 is practically dead and I doubt my brother-in-law will get it. Hopefully I can find some folks so I can learn the game and give somebody that work.

Now all I need is 3rd Strike to come to the PS4 and I'll toss my PS3 somewhere. Oh wait, I can't because I still play the Metal Gear series on there....

Edit:

Not to mention Capcom is already nerfing characters in Season 2... >_> Hopefully it won't too bad because the nerfs kills my interest (on top of the constant bitching). It's like we forgot how to sit back and enjoy games. What makes this even sadder is that it's the younger generation that's able to sit back and enjoy the game. People that're like 28-35 (vets, pros) are the ones that're constantly bitching how SF5 don't feel like Street Fighter.

My bad, I'm getting ready to start ranting.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Peanutbutter

I'm glad Capcom finally did the right thing and added Mega Man into MvC this time. They even made it a point to show him off first. And its Mega Man X on top of that! Capcom screwed a few things up with Street Fighter V, but not as bad as the screw ups they kept doing four years ago.

If they (hopefully) release a new Mega Man X game, Capcom will finally be square with me.

Mustang

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite gameplay

I need to know more. It looks a bit like Tatsunoko vs Capcom which I'm fine with, and graphically speaking, even though it's still in development I do like it. I just need to know more about, well, everything lol. That little inkling of not knowing (and BS rumors) is keeping me from getting hype, but I do like what I see.

Lots of upsets at Capcom Cup, wow.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Ultra Street Fighter 2 for the Nintendo Switch.

YESSSS!!!!! The actual Street Fighter I've been waiting for. #### that.

How many times does Street Fighter 2 need to be released? Seriously, this game has seen so many re-releases it's crazy to think that Capcom is gonna make any money off of it. Not to mention it being a Nintendo exclusive.

All that ish set aside, Capcom, you have an incomplete game with Street Fighter 5 and they're on a nostalgic trip down memory lane with Street Fighter 2... You got your hardcore tournament crowd complaining like hell about the recent balance patch and wondering about who the next 5 characters are gonna be (I'll be damned if I put money towards that character pass and not know whose in it. Don't even know if I'll like them), bugs still needs fixing, and ish that does not work. They are the ones that kept you from going under and it's like they're being slapped in the face (Shills are going in hard defending this company as well)

If it's not crack (Marvel vs Capcom), 3rd Strike, CvS2/3 I don't wanna see ish about Street Fighter 2.

Rant over.

I'm sold on the Switch. Just won't be a day 1 purchase.

Namco, I need Tekken 7 ASAP.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

Who even cares about SFII anymore? The competitive crowd prefers Third Strike and Alpha while the casual crowd has long moved on to SFIV. Having one of those games remade for the Switch with Dark Ryu and Violent Ken would've generated a lot more hype, especially the Alpha games since iirc, none of them have received ports/remakes since the PS2/PSP days.

Speaking of Street Fighter V I rented that from the library and sheeesh, they weren't kidding when they said the game is stripped of content. Worst part is that characters aren't already unlocked once they're patched so instead you have to either shell out 7 buckaroos or grind for in-game cash to unlock the character you want (in my case it was Juri), and to add insult to injruy; you don't even autoget their outfits when you unlock the character. Ridiculous. And of course the lack of an arcade mode is unforgivable, especially since you only get a measly 3 fights in each characters story mode...and that's if you're lucky! For once I would actually prefer a "Super" version of a SF game.

Mustang

Yeah, they really screwed SF5 up. You can tell they were too focused on Capcom Cup that everything else was left behind. Now they call themselves trying to appease to the casual crowd taking away what little fun there was in the game to make it easier to get into the tournament scene. To me that's where they need to stop. Mix-ups and setups have been taken away (Balrog, Laura, Guile, Urien, and Ibuki are the only ones left that look remotely fun) so the casual crowd don't have to bother with that stuff. It's like they're trying to get the casual crowd to go out and compete in tournaments when that's not what casuals are aiming to do in the first place (at least not me).

In the midst of Capcom Cup all they had were 2 sets of costumes (Halloween and Christmas), a Capcom Cup costume (Cammy and Chun Li), and Necalli got a costume. Those Halloween and Christmas costumes, only a select handful got the costumes. 2-3 new stages. All this stuff is limited btw (I missed out on Ring of Destiny).

A year later, going into season 2 still no arcade mode (I can pass on this, but I understand those that want to play it), 2nd player can't do ish (I can't even get it working), no real tutorial, challenges are whatever (you have a week to complete them) but we do get Akuma (Yayyy!!!! #### outta here) and a character pass with no clue who they are (5 new characters)

Meanwhile Capcom shills want to hate on ASW for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2 for a crummy business practice and I get it, but at least the game is complete (damn Baiken)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Markness

Capcom fanboys hating on ASW?  :il_hahaha: They need to get over themselves. Sure, I like Street Fighter but it's not the only fighting game franchise. Same thing with Dragon Ball fanboys. They act like it's the only manga/anime franchise and trash anything that isn't Dragon Ball, making the smarter fans look bad. ASW atleast cares about more than just one franchise so they are getting my support.

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 03, 2016, 11:44:50 PM
I'm glad Capcom finally did the right thing and added Mega Man into MvC this time. They even made it a point to show him off first. And its Mega Man X on top of that! Capcom screwed a few things up with Street Fighter V, but not as bad as the screw ups they kept doing four years ago.

If they (hopefully) release a new Mega Man X game, Capcom will finally be square with me.

Huh? Could've sworn he was in the first two MvC games or did you mean they didn't include him in MvC 3? I didn't play that one so I don't know the full roster to it.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Markness on January 15, 2017, 08:19:18 AM

Capcom fanboys hating on ASW?  :il_hahaha: They need to get over themselves. Sure, I like Street Fighter but it's not the only fighting game franchise. Same thing with Dragon Ball fanboys. They act like it's the only manga/anime franchise and trash anything that isn't Dragon Ball, making the smarter fans look bad. ASW atleast cares about more than just one franchise so they are getting my support.

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 03, 2016, 11:44:50 PM

Huh? Could've sworn he was in the first two MvC games or did you mean they didn't include him in MvC 3? I didn't play that one so I don't know the full roster to it.

Yeah, I meant him getting benched in 3. I'm hoping his inclusion in Infinite is a good sign of them finally doing a new Mega Man game in the future.

gunswordfist

I don't care about Marvel Vs. Capcom 4. No X-Men, no buy.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Markness

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 17, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
I don't care about Marvel Vs. Capcom 4. No X-Men, no buy.

That's been confirmed? If so, I am with you on that.

Mustang

I think it's been said that if X-Men weren't in the game they'll be DLC (yeah, I know). My initial reaction was I didn't know how to feel about a MvC game without X-Men characters, but then the thought of Black Panther and Winter Soldier (Wolverine and Spencer potential counterparts) showing up started swaying me. The problem for me is that outside of Spider-Man and the Avengers I don't know anyone else in the Marvel Universe. I know Deadpool, Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, but they never made an impact on me like the X-Men (and now Avengers)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Foggle

Does that mean Deadpool also won't be in the game? :(

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on January 18, 2017, 04:13:27 PM
Does that mean Deadpool also won't be in the game? :(
That just might be true. That would really kill off my interest.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

Deadpool should be in. I think it was mainly X-Men and Fantastic 4 characters that people have to worry about. If Deadpool don't make it that's mainly because of characters with similar abilities

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jan/02/blade-and-spider-woman-too-similar-existing-characters-psylocke-fell-just-short-niitsuma-umvc3-choices-including-cloak-dagger-and-more/

It don't mention Deadpool, but you can see why they didn't/wouldn't choose him. Personally, I think it's BS, but I get it. Choices.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol