Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Not sure where else to put this. I just found out that the voice actor for Netero also plays Souther (I say plays since he recently did his voice again). I almost had an heart attack because I thought they meant the original 2011 voice actor for him (Ichiro Nagai), who passed away early last year. False alarm since he replaced the actor who passed away. I could have avoided this if I was better at remembering the names from the original news on Netero's voice actor replacement.  :srs:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Discotek has licensed Lupin III Part II.
It's good to see that Discotek is continuing to expand their Lupin collection.  Hopefully they'll license Part IV soon unless Funimation ends up doing so.

Foggle

Best news I've heard all day! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

The most ripped off anime of the last decade is getting a re-release.

See if you can guess what it is before checking. It's not that hard a guess.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Because I know it's the favorite of many here, Funimation is about to lose the rights to Baccano!

So if you haven't picked it up yet, you might want to get on that. Out of print anime gets pretty costly.

Avaitor

Huh, really? I may have to pick up the set, then.

Although honestly, I watched the first episode again a while ago, and I wasn't all that impressed. But maybe I'll feel differently if I watch the whole series again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Thankfully, I already picked it up a few years ago. It was one of the last Blu-Ray copies before they completely sold out of those forever. Now that they're losing the DVD rights, it's about to get really expensive to own the show at all.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 26, 2016, 04:16:10 PM
So if you haven't picked it up yet, you might want to get on that. Out of print anime gets pretty costly.
Oh, none of this stuff is going out of print. Aniplex of America is reacquiring all of their properties from Funi. Get ready to pay $300 apiece for Baccano, Darker Than Black, and Mushishi. :cry:

Quote from: Avaitor on January 26, 2016, 04:21:38 PM
Although honestly, I watched the first episode again a while ago, and I wasn't all that impressed. But maybe I'll feel differently if I watch the whole series again.
The first episode is the worst one by far.

Avaitor

It's $26 to order the set on Amazon Prime. I'll put this in my shopping cart, as a "for later" purchase. Along with the FMP Blu sets, volumes 6 and 7 of Monster, etc.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 26, 2016, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 26, 2016, 04:16:10 PM
Oh, none of this stuff is going out of print. Aniplex of America is reacquiring all of their properties from Funi. Get ready to pay $300 apiece for Baccano, Darker Than Black, and Mushishi. :cry:
It might as well be out of print.  :lol:

It is frustrating when you miss shows on their initial release and have to wait for a deal of some kind. I'm still waiting for that Outlaw Star re-release that CX talked about. It's been two years.

VLordGTZ

Yeah, Aniplex seems to want all their stuff back from Funi. If Funi ends up losing the rights to Mushishi (which I'm not sure about since Aniplex apparently did not produce the first season), I'm probably going to immediately buy the dvd.  The only Aniplex shows that I expect Funi is going to fight to keep are FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, and even that may be a losing battle.

Spark Of Spirit

So keeping up the streak of old property and long-awaited TV adaptions like JoJo, Ushio & Tora, and Parasyte, we might be getting another big fan favorite adapted to TV.

If this happens, it will be huge.

gunswordfist

:joy: I hope they cover all of the manga and have a really good budget.

Lord Dalek

Funny since we're three years away from hitting 2019!

It'd have to be Two cour at least. Maybe three.

gunswordfist

I am surprised it took place in 2019. The 80s gave 2010s technology too much credit. :>

Wonder if it's possibly for it to be out by the anime's 35th anniversary, which is next year.

EDIT: WHOOPS, I meant 35th anniversary of the manga, not the movie.