Black Lagoon
Digimon Tamers
Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Lupin III (Red Jacket)
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (That should make Dr. Insomniac happy, even if I don't consider it a personal favorite)

Spark Of Spirit

Good choices. Shame HxH never had a proper end... for obvious reasons.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 04, 2013, 06:19:24 PMGood choices.

Thanks. :thumbup:

QuoteShame HxH never had a proper end... for obvious reasons.

You know, in a way that actually kind of works to the anime's benefit. Counting just the TV series and the first OVA wrapping up the Yorknew City arc (which is all I count by listing HXH 1999, which I don't factor the GI OVAs into), you could say that HXH (1999) ended on a high note in terms of quality (though a somewhat depressing note in terms of the ending to the arc). We both know that the GI arc was a dud, and the Chimera Ant arc was way too lopsided in terms of quality, as was everything after that which has been published, so far.

It may just be HXH (2011)'s curse to have to adapt the bad material along with the good stuff. I read one review on ANN that said something I really agree with. The great thing about Kazuhiro Furuhashi's Hunter X Hunter anime adaptation is that it was there to pick up the slack when Togashi's writing wavered. As a result, mostly the whole anime was good, even at the weaker arcs like Heavens Arena. However, the one major fault of the 2011 version of the anime is that while it may flourish when adapting the brilliant parts of Togashi's writing, when his own quality from the manga drops, so to does the quality of this anime. It relies too heavily on the manga as a crutch, which the more annoying HXH fan-boys seem to love, but I personally prefer Furuhashi's more artful touches which IMO made his anime adaptation superior to the corresponding arcs from the manga which he adapted. I sincerely would have liked to see his version of the story continue and see what he could've done with an arc as ambitious as the Chimera Ant arc. Also, for the record, he had nothing to do with the GI OVAs, and that much is pretty obvious when you watch them.

talonmalon333

I don't think I've posted an anime list since... I don't even know. Probably years. Let's see if I can come up with one.

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Romeo and Juliet/Monster
4. Ghost Stories (English dub only)
5. Hunter x Hunter
6. Higurashi When They Cry
7. Death Note
8. Rozen Maiden

Hmm..... that's about all I can think of at the moment. I could easily fill the list, but I feel like the last few entries should be more than just filler placements... I imagine Cowboy Bebop would fit somewhere, but it's been so long and I don't remember that show nearly well enough.

Spark Of Spirit

Have you started watching Slam Dunk yet, Ensatsu-ken? The manga was really good, so I'm curious if the anime keeps up as well as I've heard.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not yet. I'll try to give it a look soon, though.

Avaitor

1- Neon Genesis Evangelion
2- Yu Yu Hakusho
3- Cowboy Bebop
4- Monster
5- Higurashi

I don't know if I could do a full 10.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought that you really liked Gundam 0080, along with other Gundam series. Wouldn't any of those rank among your favorites?

Spark Of Spirit

You'd probably dig Kids On The Slope and Beck if you haven't seen them yet, Avaitor.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't seen Beck yet, myself (aside from the first episode which I watched a few years ago), but I second Kids on the Slope.

Avaitor

Yeah, the original Gundam and Zeta would make my top 10, not sure where. I'm not so sure about 0080 though, since I don't like ranking OVAs in with full series. I definitely like it as much as both of them though.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 04, 2013, 09:30:24 PM
You'd probably dig Kids On The Slope and Beck if you haven't seen them yet, Avaitor.
I saw the first couple of episodes of Kids on the Slope, but never did watch it all. I'm watching M*A*S*H online now, as opposed to The Wire and rewatching HIMYM on my TV, but I can try to rewatch that and maybe try Beck too when I'm done with season 2 of M*A*S*H. I'd say when I'm done with the show in general, but ain't nobody got time to wait for someone to finish 11 seasons worth of a series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

10. S-CRY-Ed
9. Big O
8. Lupin
7. Trigun
6. Heat Guy J
5. Fist Of The Northstar
4. Yu yu Hakusho
3. Samurai Champloo
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Baki's out of the top 5 or 6 for the first time. Second season is so low budget. Kind of like how cheap Guyver's last half of episodes were.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Quote01. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
02. Samurai Champloo
03. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd Gig
04. Gungrave
05. Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
06. Cowboy Bebop
07. Hellsing
08. Trigun
09. Yu Yu Hakusho
10. Death Note

Removed Moribito, rearranged the list and added Hellsing.

Rynnec

Ultimate, or the TV anime?

Grave

Both, but Ultimate trumps the tv version by a long shot. I haven't seen all of Ultimate though. Once I've seen all of Ultimate, it'll go above Cowboy Bebop. Hell, may even go above RK (Alucard is just too great of character. Perhaps the greatest character ever created in anime)