Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 15, 2013, 02:14:57 AM
So the only character who gets the same English voice actor from F/SN is Rin. :wth:
What the fuck, why her of all people? She's like 8 years old in Fate/Zero. :srs:

LumRanmaYasha

I already posted this list in the Top favorite animated shows thread, but I might as well post it here too.

Favorite Anime List:
25: Zatch Bell!
24: Soul Eater
23: Durarara!
22: The Big O
21: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
20: Ouran High School Host Club
19: Azumanga Daioh
18: Sgt. Frog
17: Shin Chan (Funimation version)
16: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
15: Samurai Champloo
14: Case Closed
13: Lupin the Third (1st and 2nd anime series)
12: Cowboy Bebop
11: The Slayers (Franchise, although my favorite among them is still Slayers NEXT)
10: Baccano!
9: Gun X Sword
8: Dragonball (Still counting the entire franchise, although I still prefer the original Dragonball to the others)
7: School Rumble
6: Yu Yu Hakusho
5: One Piece
4: Ranma 1/2
3: Trigun
2: Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
1: Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (although I prefer Brotherhood by a tiny margin)

What can I say? For all the shitty anime out there, there are quite a lot that I like. And then there are these 25 which I absolutely LOVE. The top 8 of these I'd go as far to say they are my top 8 favorite shows period. Just great shows, all around.

Foggle

So here's my new top 10. Gaze upon my shit tier mainstream taste.

10. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (h8rs gonna' h8)
9. Lupin the Third (love every series, but if you want a specific entry, then the newest one from 2012)
8. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (all of it, but I prefer 2nd GIG)
7. Baccano!
6. Dead Leaves
5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (first two seasons only, Kai is my favorite)
4. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (I also like the other seasons, but I'd only consider TSR a masterpiece)
3. Fate/Zero (don't think I need to specify here, but I like season 2 more)
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (that's right, just the movie; show is good too, though)
1. Cowboy Bebop (obvious choices ftw (movie is also great))

Yep. PSG will probably be replaced by Hyouge Mono once I finish it.

Lord Dalek

All right time for a full top 10...

10. Outlaw Star
09. Neon Genesis Evangelion
08. Tenchi Muyo in Love
07. Lupin The Third (except the pink jacket junk... and the Dezaki movies... and the live action one...)
06. Last Exile
05. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
04. Big O
03. Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
02. Cowboy Bebop
01. El Hazard: The Magnificent World (OVA 1) (no really... this is my all time favorite anime. Its perfect.)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Good lists, guys. I still need to watch past the first episode of Fate/Zero.

As for me, my list would pretty much be the exact same thing as the last one that I posted, except maybe I'd swap out Monster with Digimon Tamers (yes, you read it right).

Foggle

Monster would definitely be on my list, but I prefer the manga, and I'd rather not have overlap between my anime and manga lists. :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on April 08, 2013, 09:56:44 PM
Monster would definitely be on my list, but I prefer the manga, and I'd rather not have overlap between my anime and manga lists. :)

Pretty much the same reason for why its not higher on my list. Its great....but really only because its just a copy and paste job of the manga. I much prefer adaptations that do more and at least attempt to improve themselves from their source material. To be fair, the source material in the case of Monster is pretty near impossible to top, but I still think that more could have been done with the adaptation. That's something that I love about Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter. Both of those adaptations enhance their source material, rather than just follow everything it does blindly.

Avaitor

The more I think about it, the more it seems that Monster belongs in the same "unfilmable" category that Watchmen and MGS occupy.

The anime, just like the Watchmen movie, turned out a lot better than it could have, but there isn't much reason for you to watch them instead of reading them as intended.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 08, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
So here's my new top 10. Gaze upon my shit tier mainstream taste.

10. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (h8rs gonna' h8)
9. Lupin the Third (love every series, but if you want a specific entry, then the newest one from 2012)
8. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (all of it, but I prefer 2nd GIG)
7. Baccano!
6. Dead Leaves
5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (first two seasons only, Kai is my favorite)
4. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (I also like the other seasons, but I'd only consider TSR a masterpiece)
3. Fate/Zero (don't think I need to specify here, but I like season 2 more)
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (that's right, just the movie; show is good too, though)
1. Cowboy Bebop (obvious choices ftw (movie is also great))

Yep. PSG will probably be replaced by Hyouge Mono once I finish it.
Whoa, so the Fuko Lupin series is really good?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 09, 2013, 09:27:33 AM
Whoa, so the Fuko Lupin series is really good?
Yeah! It's pretty different from the others, but it's the best of the lot IMO.

gunswordfist

I obviously meant to say Fujiko but yes, I'll check this out. Hmmm, this is like the only new anime I plan on checking out.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Okay, I'll join in.

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Romeo x Juliet
3. Monster
4. Hunter x Hunter
5. Ghost Stories (only the English dub)
6. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (+Kai)
7. Death Note
8. Rozen Maiden
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Azumanga Daioh

Pretty unchanged since last time I posted it, I imagine.

The Shadow Gentleman

10. GTO
9. Paranoia Agent
8. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
7. Beck
6. Death Note
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
4. Cowboy Bebop
3. Baccano!
2. Yu Yu Hakusho
1. Trigun

Honorable mention: Heroman ( :sly:)

Gonna watch a bunch of anime on my list soon, so I'll probably make a new list soon.

LumRanmaYasha

After re-watching some of my favorite anime recently, along with some new ones, my top 25 has changed fairly significantly.

Favorite Anime List:
25: Neon Genesis Evangelion

I'm honestly not enamored with this series terribly; I just "like" it. However, out of the shows I just "like," I enjoy this series the most. More than Soul Eater which I no longer really enjoy very strongly, at the very least. But I will say this. Despite the flaws of the show, the End of Evangelion is probably the best anime movie I've ever seen in my eight years of anime fandom. That's not an outstanding feat, since I don't like that many anime movies, but it's my fourth favorite movie now, which IS something. ;)

24: Durarara!
23: Zatch Bell!
22: Ouran High School Host Club
21: Shin Chan (Funimation Version)
20: Azumanga Daioh
19: Sgt. Frog
18: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
17: Samurai Champloo
16: Baccano!
15: The Big O
14: Gun X Sword
13: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
12: Lupin the Third (1st and 2nd anime series)
11: Case Closed
10: Cowboy Bebop
9: The Slayers (Franchise, although my favorite among them is still Slayers NEXT)
8: Dragonball (Yeah, I've decided to only count the original, because even though I have good memories of the others, the original is the only one that really holds up).
7: School Rumble
6: Yu Yu Hakusho
5: One Piece
4: Ranma 1/2
3: Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Some of the flaws in both series upon recent viewings have made me reconsider it's placement as my favorite anime/show. I realized that there are two shows that I do like better. Still, love this franchise, and both shows are still quite enjoyable and definitely top 3 worthy.

2: Trigun
1: Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo

Out of all the anime I've watched over the years, nay, of all the shows I watched over the years, the one I keep coming back to and has had the most influence on me is definitely Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. And while often with other shows I've ended up liking them a little less over time, my feelings for Bobobo haven't changed, or maybe have increased some. So, I definitely consider it to be my favorite anime, and show, of all time. Wig Out, bros. O0

And, just for kicks, here's my top 5 anime movie list (I really only like 5 anime movies enough to make a list anyway, which means I should probably watch more good ones... :sweat:):

5: Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro
4: Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
3: The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
2: Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
1: End of Evangelion

Geez. All of them are based of some anime series. I really should watch more anime movies. :sweat:

Foggle

I appreciate how you don't really consider NGE a top favorite, but End of Evangelion is your favorite anime movie. That's exactly how I feel about the series too! :)